User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential fridge tipped over during travel!

I got a call this morning from the guy that purchased our 2019 Solitude 373FB-R last summer. He said his fridge actually tipped over! Caused a lot of damage to the fridge and inside of the RV. I never really looked to see how the residential fridges are secured to the RV. He said he called Grand Design and they told him they aren't secured to the floor. The trim plate at the top is what holds them in place. He said the trim plate on his got ripped out. He was not involved in a wreck. I'm not sure if he made a sharp left turn at some point or what caused the fridge to tip over.

He's full time now and is going to contact the dealer I bought the RV from here in Oregon. Hopefully they can fit him in and take a look at things and make some repairs. I missed part of the conversation because of a weak cell signal.

This is the first time I've heard of a fridge tipping over. Has anybody else heard of this happening??? He's a really nice guy and I feel bad this happened to him.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even without the trim piece, I’d think it would take a pretty violent maneuver to tip one over. All the heavy parts are in the bottom and it’s a chore to get one to tip with an appliance dolly.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian - if you pull out on the top of yours, you'll see how that can happen - and that trim piece is particle board. As for being bottom-heavy, not so much after you load a bunch of food in there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Brian - if you pull out on the top of yours, you'll see how that can happen - and that trim piece is particle board.
    And I was worried about the freezer door opening...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch