User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking up new camper. What to look for at PDI?

I will be picking up my new 23bhe this weekend and the service manager told me we would we doing my PDI. I was looking for some pointers on what to look for and what to expect. This is the 2nd camper I’ve owned but my very first brand new one. Just want to make sure that I don’t over look anything or allow the dealer to skip something that’s important.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P.wisky View Post
    I will be picking up my new 23bhe this weekend and the service manager told me we would we doing my PDI. I was looking for some pointers on what to look for and what to expect. This is the 2nd camper I’ve owned but my very first brand new one. Just want to make sure that I don’t over look anything or allow the dealer to skip something that’s important.
    Don’t do it after driving all day to get to the dealer. I am convinced that this is simply an effort to sell you add on equipment. The kids doing these walk through dont really know what they are talking about. Check everything. Take several hours!!! No joke. Get up on the roof and check the that it not bubbled. Run one air conditioner for a while, turn that one off, and run the other air conditioner for a while. Make sure each gets cold. Check all the lights, inside and out including running lights.

No matter how meticulous, you will miss stuff but if you are just in a hurry to get it and start using it, you may regret it.

Don’t take it until everything is perfect.

I cant say this enough.......take your time. No way you can get through this in less than 2 hours.

Did I say take your time???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P.wisky View Post

You can download a few different PDI lists here in the reference section of the forum
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rms-(Multiple)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Don’t do it after driving all day to get to the dealer. I am convinced that this is simply an effort to sell you add on equipment. The kids doing these walk through dont really know what they are talking about. Check everything. Take several hours!!! No joke. Get up on the roof and check the that it not bubbled. Run one air conditioner for a while, turn that one off, and run the other air conditioner for a while. Make sure each gets cold. Check all the lights, inside and out including running lights.

No matter how meticulous, you will miss stuff but if you are just in a hurry to get it and start using it, you may regret it.

Don’t take it until everything is perfect.

I cant say this enough.......take your time. No way you can get through this in less than 2 hours.

Did I say take your time???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well said. Don't let them pressure you into hurrying through it. When we purchased ours, we were not able to pick it up right away. We did two PDI's one before signing and another before pulling it off the lot. We kind of felt rushed through the first one so we asked the dealer to have it set up for another one when we returned. Having that gap allowed us time to go back over our list to make sure we covered everything, read through the manual and highlighted questions we had. Absolutely everything was covered during the 2nd one.