User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy 31MB barn door to bunkroom

Anyone else having issues with this door? Ours only has a magnetic catch that was at the back wall to hold the door open, but there's no stopper for the wheels on the track. There's a single snap strap that's supposed to hold it during travel but unfortunately it doesn't - the strap is too long leaving a lot of play in the door, plus it only prevents it from going forward, not backwards into the wall. Now I'm left with a large hole in the wall to a brand new RV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200726_190500.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	28373

Name:	20200726_190454.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28374

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretkingdom View Post
    Anyone else having issues with this door? Ours only has a magnetic catch that was at the back wall to hold the door open, but there's no stopper for the wheels on the track. There's a single snap strap that's supposed to hold it during travel but unfortunately it doesn't - the strap is too long leaving a lot of play in the door, plus it only prevents it from going forward, not backwards into the wall. Now I'm left with a large hole in the wall to a brand new RV.

Name:	20200726_190500.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	28373

Name:	20200726_190454.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28374
    Well that sucks. We have not had this issue. But I will look at the door tonight and report back what kind of play we have. I did have the “other door” to the bunk room pull it’s track loose deep inside the wall. I fixed that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 31MB and so far I guess I've been lucky and the door hasn't caused any damage. I've heard of complaints about the door coming loose and I thought about drilling a hole through the door bracket and the rail to install a pin that would lock it in place. After seeing the hole in your wall I think this will be my next project.
    I hope your trailer is still under warranty. If so, I would insist that they fix the wall and do whatever it takes to prevent it from happening again. Good luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretkingdom View Post
    I apologize for bringing up an old topic. Could you please tell me whether you solved the problem with the door yourself or went to a service center?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can maybe help with this. I cut a piece of 1/4" luan bigger that the hole. Stained it to match the cabinets, screwed it to the wall, then attached the magnet. Spreads the force over a 3 inch area rather than a 1/2 X 1" area. No more issue.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser