Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing a 2600RB vs a 2800BH

Question for all the wonderful experienced folks in here-

I am looking to sell my 2600RB and get a 2800BH, looking at the numbers on the website it looks like this trailer is only 500lbs more in dry weight and fully loaded. The tongue weight increases only 10lbs. Logically, all these numbers means its a no brainer and shouldn't be much difference when pulling the trailer.
    Yes, I am pulling with a half ton that handles the 2600RB wonderfully, in my opinion. ( Silverado, 6.2 v8 crew with 8speed- rated @ 9100lbs towing)

My ask, has anyone on this forum made this move? If so what was the out come? Pleased? Concerns?

If no one has, what is the general opinion on this move? Am I correct in thinking there shouldn't be a noticeable difference when towing the 2800BH compared the 2600RB

Thank you in advanced,
    Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely interested to see impressions on towing the 2800bh in a half ton truck as I am debating between the 1500/2500 lineup as I wait for my 2800bh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrudel98 View Post
    If no one has, what is the general opinion on this move? Am I correct in thinking there shouldn't be a noticeable difference when towing the 2800BH compared the 2600RB
    Thank you in advanced,
    Nick
    I don’t have that set up but I guess the first thing I would do is weigh your current setup at a CAT scale ready for camping. Then plug your weights into this calculator. Results will be at the bottom. This might be a little bit of a hassle but you will have much better knowledge to make your decision.
    http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...ailerCatScales

You also don’t say what terrain you’ll be towing in. Also, I assume you have kids hence the BH. Take into consideration they will continue to grow and may want to take bikes, etc. Will you be running out of payload space?
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not tow capacity you run out of, it's payload and your rear axle rating. Both can be found on the drivers door pillar. FYI - it's just my wife and I towing a 2650 and I was over on my gross and rear axle with my F150. Rather than spec out a new F150 with the heavy tow options I made the move to a F250. It's a more secure feeling now when towing.
    Last edited by jmbopp; 07-28-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK