User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the basement air in a Winnebago DP. It was hard to talk/hear under the awning when it was on.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the suspension is "within" the basement area, they should use a modern leaf suspension like those used on trucks. Since the floor is raised well above the frame, no bulges in the walking floor would be required to allow for wheel travel or suspension linkage. That would be revolutionary for sure! I look forward to seeing this 5th wheel in person.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How strange. Looks funny without even a vent or skylight on the roof.

Also, wouldn't a/c in the basement make it even harder to keep the coach cool? Would require some serious venting...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first thought would be how nice to easily access plumbing and wiring under the floor, assuming they don't put an underbelly over the storage area. I remember years ago that several travel trailers used the "basement" concept for increased storage. Must not have gone over well as you never see that type of construction any more.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. When the kids fly the coop we hope to switch to a 5th wheel and we intent to travel for a portion of the year. Storage is a big deal as we have hobbies we intent on keeping doing. Add a partial garage and it would be awesome! I look forward to the innovations between now and the time we hit the road.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being 6’5”, this strikes me as the worst idea ever. It’s already hard enough to find a shower I can stand up in. “Yer killin me Smalls”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbikur View Post
    Being 6’5”, this strikes me as the worst idea ever. It’s already hard enough to find a shower I can stand up in. “Yer killin me Smalls”.
    The article states it has a 84-inch overhead ceiling height, which is 7". How much are you thinking you'd lose over a standard camper shower height?
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea seems very solid to me. Interesting to see where this goes. As noted, really need 18k+ GVWR to make it more useful but that should be easy enough to do with dual 8k axles. Can go triple 7k for 20k GVWR but that is less favorable from a handling standpoint and would cut into basement space.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will definitely be quite a few steps to get into the living area. As it is my 375RL has 4 steps to get into it now so I can imagine climbing another 3 or 4 more to get above the storage area! Maybe the can incorporate the wheels and suspension into the storage area and dropping the whole storage similar to an airstream.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. I have made this suggestion to a couple rv companies in the past....and have been told "what a great idea" and never hear more. To top it off...do something really special. What I would love to see is a basement bunkhouse. Reverse of what we see now with the high roof top bunks like in the Momentum...or a 31MB reflection...only you have a set of steps leading down to the basement bunkhouse. Can you imagine excitment of kids with that?..
    Chris & Allison
    2018 GMC Denali 2500HD
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    SWB w Anderson Ultimate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast