User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srobins View Post
    I received the Canadian letter also
    Just talked to GD, regarding "why did we get the Canadian letter?" They said, it was a computer error, apparently the "system" recognized the "CA" for California as "Canada". Our VIN number isn't listed in the NHTSA list, but he said it's still part of the recall.

I asked if it was something my husband, or our regular service people, could do, since we aren't crazy about the service department at our dealer. He said he's been getting that comment from LOTS of people today. But, no, the fix has to be done by an authorized service representative, since it's a safety thing.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Just talked to GD, regarding "why did we get the Canadian letter?" They said, it was a computer error, apparently the "system" recognized the "CA" for California as "Canada". Our VIN number isn't listed in the NHTSA list, but he said it's still part of the recall.

I asked if it was something my husband, or our regular service people, could do, since we aren't crazy about the service department at our dealer. He said he's been getting that comment from LOTS of people today. But, no, the fix has to be done by an authorized service representative, since it's a safety thing.
    I'll politely call BS on the computer error. How can Colorado and Nevada addresses be Canada. There are clearly 2 recall letters for two different country's Government agency's. One appears to be doing a better job identifying vehicles with possible problems.
    Nuff Said
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I'll politely call BS on the computer error. How can Colorado and Nevada addresses be Canada. There are clearly 2 recall letters for two different country's Government agency's. One appears to be doing a better job identifying vehicles with possible problems.
    Nuff Said
    Add WI to the list. I just may call GD in the morning and see what I get for an explanation.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Grand Design this morning to see if I could do this myself and was informed that all safety recalls must be performed by a certified dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall

Quote Originally Posted by lesagel View Post
    I called Grand Design this morning to see if I could do this myself and was informed that all safety recalls must be performed by a certified dealer.
    GD told me me the same, they wouldn’t tell me where the connectors were located due to it’s a federal re-call safety issue, if anyone knows where they are located please post location and phots if possible

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Callahan View Post
    GD told me me the same, they wouldn’t tell me where the connectors were located due to it’s a federal re-call safety issue, if anyone knows where they are located please post location and phots if possible
    In most cases they will be inside the frame where power goes out the the slide. The connector allows connection of rigid copper to stranded (flexable) cable. So where you have a slide with power in it you shod find them. Just follow the wiring from the slide through the frame.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lesagel View Post
    Same thing here, but my dealer wouldn’t return multiple calls to schedule, even called GD for assistance and they would not answer them either. Drove there today and it’s scheduled for next week “while I wait”. Hopefully in and out and be done with it.. Oh also got the Canadian letter here in Massachusetts.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall

Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    In most cases they will be inside the frame where power goes out the the slide. The connector allows connection of rigid copper to stranded (flexable) cable. So where you have a slide with power in it you shod find them. Just follow the wiring from the slide through the frame.
    Thank you,

Depending upon the weather tomorrow I may poke around and find them
    Jimmy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here on notification. Any photos of location of connectors in question would be appreciated. While Iam under there will inspect and tidy up the wiring and plug any rodent access points.

Cheers

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my recall in the mail today. My dealer is 3 hours away and nearest dealer is 1 hour. Wonder if GD will let me take it to the local RV repair shop or another dealer or want me to drive the hour?

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast