User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just got my recall in the mail today. My dealer is 3 hours away and nearest dealer is 1 hour. Wonder if GD will let me take it to the local RV repair shop or another dealer or want me to drive the hour?

Rob
    I think, in the big picture, a 1 hour drive to a dealer wouldn't be considered a big deal. But you'd have to call GD and ask for the OK to take it to an independent repair facility.

Our dealer is about 40 minutes away, and we were told we had to take it to an authorized dealer for repair.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we make this repair ourselves how would that effect any future resale or insurance claim if the dealer did not sign off on the repair? This sounds like a simple fix to me. Just curious

Randy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongwayrver View Post
    If we make this repair ourselves how would that effect any future resale or insurance claim if the dealer did not sign off on the repair? This sounds like a simple fix to me. Just curious

Randy
    I'm thinking that, if it wasn't repaired by, and reported as repaired by, an authorized repair facility, it could effect, at least, insurance claims that could rise from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Recall

Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    There are actually two recalls. One is US and one Canadian

NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

TC Recall Number: 2020-280

My Vin is not on the NHTSA list (I got the Canada letter)

Call you dealer, or any dealer and they can confirm using your vin.

There connectors can be found inside the frame where power wiring goes through the frame to a slide. They connect ridged trailer wiring to flexible wiring to get to the slide. While there check and tighten you coax connectors and secure other wiring.
    Even though we ordered, took delivery and reside in Arizona, we got the Canadian letter too. 🤔

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I think, in the big picture, a 1 hour drive to a dealer wouldn't be considered a big deal. But you'd have to call GD and ask for the OK to take it to an independent repair facility.

Our dealer is about 40 minutes away, and we were told we had to take it to an authorized dealer for repair.
    I do agree with you that I think the hour drive is going to be considered an acceptable time. Likely not the 3 hours to our selling dealer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get a copy of the recall instructions. They are rather useless as they are very generic. So I put together these pictures and instructions for anyone who is going to do it themselves. Please keep in mind that Grand Design wants a certified repair shop to do it so they have documentation that the recall was completed on your trailer. I was able to arrange for a local shop to deal with the paperwork while I did the repair myself and took pictures to prove it.

On the 303RLS, there is two locations that have the Molex connector. One location with two (2) Molex connectors is located behind the rear drivers side wheel and connects the kitchen slide 110V system. The other location has one (1) Molex connector and is located behind the passenger side wheel and connects the 110V system in the living room slide.

1. You need to remove about 5 screws on each side which hold the black underbelly cover on. The screws that need to come out are behind the rear jacks on each side.
    2. Once you drop the belly cover, you will see the Molex connectors laying on the belly cover. On my trailer, the Molex connectors on the kitchen slide were loosely hanging on the frame rail. On the living room slide, it was laying on the belly cover.
    3. Using plastic zip ties, secure the Molex connector to the frame rail (see pictures) so they no longer lay on the belly cover. This should keep them out of any water that could accumulate on the belly cover.
    4. Once you have zip tied the Molex connectors to the rails (I suggest using a minimum of two zip ties on each one), reattached the belly cover with the screws. Reseal any cracks with foam spray.

The pictures attached show the "before" and "after" location of the Molex connectors. (The pictures with white zip ties on the Molex connectors are "after")

Hope this is helpful.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge slideout side # 1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	28736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connectors - Fridge Side (before).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	28737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connectors Fridge Side (after).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	28738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex Connector - Living room slide (before).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	28739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connector Livingroom slide (after).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	28740
    Last edited by Canadiansteelman; 08-14-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiansteelman View Post
    I was able to get a copy of the recall instructions. They are rather useless as they are very generic. So I put together these pictures and instructions for anyone who is going to do it themselves. Please keep in mind that Grand Design wants a certified repair shop to do it so they have documentation that the recall was completed on your trailer. I was able to arrange for a local shop to deal with the paperwork while I did the repair myself and took pictures to prove it.

On the 303RLS, there is two locations that have the Molex connector. One location with two (2) Molex connectors is located behind the rear drivers side wheel and connects the kitchen slide 110V system. The other location has one (1) Molex connector and is located behind the passenger side wheel and connects the 110V system in the living room slide.

1. You need to remove about 5 screws on each side which hold the black underbelly cover on. The screws that need to come out are behind the rear jacks on each side.
    2. Once you drop the belly cover, you will see the Molex connectors laying on the belly cover. On my trailer, the Molex connectors on the kitchen slide were loosely hanging on the frame rail. On the living room slide, it was laying on the belly cover.
    3. Using plastic zip ties, secure the Molex connector to the frame rail (see pictures) so they no longer lay on the belly cover. This should keep them out of any water that could accumulate on the belly cover.
    4. Once you have zip tied the Molex connectors to the rails (I suggest using a minimum of two zip ties on each one), reattached the belly cover with the screws. Reseal any cracks with foam spray.

The pictures attached show the "before" and "after" location of the Molex connectors. (The pictures with white zip ties on the Molex connectors are "after")

Hope this is helpful.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fridge slideout side # 1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	28736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connectors - Fridge Side (before).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	28737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connectors Fridge Side (after).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	28738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex Connector - Living room slide (before).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	28739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molex connector Livingroom slide (after).jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	28740
    Thanks for the update and great pictures.
    2007 GMC 3500 crew cab dually (classic)
    6.6 Duramax 6 speed Allison with Banks Economind Tuner
    stainless 4" exhaust.
    2017 Grand Design Reflections 303 RLS.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics and instructions. the dealer where I bought mine wants me to leave it for 2 weeks for a 1 hour repair, i was not able to nail down a 1 day to knock this out. the service department at campers inn sucks, we are going to upgrade to a solitude next year, no way I’m going back to them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sir

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Great pics and instructions. the dealer where I bought mine wants me to leave it for 2 weeks for a 1 hour repair, i was not able to nail down a 1 day to knock this out. the service department at campers inn sucks, we are going to upgrade to a solitude next year, no way I’m going back to them.
    I'd bet that, if you contact GD and tell them that the dealer wants it for 2 weeks (for a 1 hour repair), they'd authorize you taking it to a repair facility of your choosing. Or they'd have a talk with that dealer about customer service........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast