User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on calling grand design on Monday. seems unacceptable to me for something so simple

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiansteelman View Post
    I was able to get a copy of the recall instructions. They are rather useless as they are very generic. So I put together these pictures and instructions for anyone who is going to do it themselves. Please keep in mind that Grand Design wants a certified repair shop to do it so they have documentation that the recall was completed on your trailer. I was able to arrange for a local shop to deal with the paperwork while I did the repair myself and took pictures to prove it.

On the 303RLS, there is two locations that have the Molex connector. One location with two (2) Molex connectors is located behind the rear drivers side wheel and connects the kitchen slide 110V system. The other location has one (1) Molex connector and is located behind the passenger side wheel and connects the 110V system in the living room slide.

1. You need to remove about 5 screws on each side which hold the black underbelly cover on. The screws that need to come out are behind the rear jacks on each side.
    2. Once you drop the belly cover, you will see the Molex connectors laying on the belly cover. On my trailer, the Molex connectors on the kitchen slide were loosely hanging on the frame rail. On the living room slide, it was laying on the belly cover.
    3. Using plastic zip ties, secure the Molex connector to the frame rail (see pictures) so they no longer lay on the belly cover. This should keep them out of any water that could accumulate on the belly cover.
    4. Once you have zip tied the Molex connectors to the rails (I suggest using a minimum of two zip ties on each one), reattached the belly cover with the screws. Reseal any cracks with foam spray.

The pictures attached show the "before" and "after" location of the Molex connectors. (The pictures with white zip ties on the Molex connectors are "after")

Hope this is helpful.
    Attachment 28736Attachment 28737Attachment 28738Attachment 28739Attachment 28740
    Thanks a bunch, I haven't done mine yet so this is very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for the info.

I was able to get a copy of the recall instructions. They are rather useless as they are very generic. So I put together these pictures and instructions for anyone who is going to do it themselves. Please keep in mind that Grand Design wants a certified repair shop to do it so they have documentation that the recall was completed on your trailer. I was able to arrange for a local shop to deal with the paperwork while I did the repair myself and took pictures to prove it.

On the 303RLS, there is two locations that have the Molex connector. One location with two (2) Molex connectors is located behind the rear drivers side wheel and connects the kitchen slide 110V system. The other location has one (1) Molex connector and is located behind the passenger side wheel and connects the 110V system in the living room slide.

1. You need to remove about 5 screws on each side which hold the black underbelly cover on. The screws that need to come out are behind the rear jacks on each side.
    2. Once you drop the belly cover, you will see the Molex connectors laying on the belly cover. On my trailer, the Molex connectors on the kitchen slide were loosely hanging on the frame rail. On the living room slide, it was laying on the belly cover.
    3. Using plastic zip ties, secure the Molex connector to the frame rail (see pictures) so they no longer lay on the belly cover. This should keep them out of any water that could accumulate on the belly cover.
    4. Once you have zip tied the Molex connectors to the rails (I suggest using a minimum of two zip ties on each one), reattached the belly cover with the screws. Reseal any cracks with foam spray.

The pictures attached show the "before" and "after" location of the Molex connectors. (The pictures with white zip ties on the Molex connectors are "after")

Hope this is helpful.
    Attachment 28736Attachment 28737Attachment 28738Attachment 28739Attachment 28740
    Thanks a lot for the info, I will try to do same thing with it ,I appreciate it, Merci from Quebec City
    Francois And Sylvie
    GMC Sierra 2500HD 2017 Diesel/Duramax RSW
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    Curt Q25

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got around to completing my safety recall fix this morning on my 2019 303vRLS. When i pulled the underbelly cover on the kitchen slide I found three Molex connectors that I tied together up and off the bottom area. I only found one Molex connector on the dining room side.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called B-Young RV in Woodland WA (trailer was purchased at B-Young in Willsonville OR) and they told me they were not taking on new customers at this time...to call back in May. Last time I called (last August) they told me to call back in October. Is this a JOKE??? I hope someone from Grand design reads this thread.

Related to the wiring issue. I found the brake wiring and connectors to be bouncing off the same underbelly as the affected 120v circuit. Long story short, I had to rewire the entire brake wire assembly because of cheap connectors that intermittently failed at the MOST inopportune time. Thanks so much to the gentleman for posting the pics since I know I will be doing the corrections myself. Anyway, hope to see some of you in our travels. Retiring at the end of this year! Cheers. Jim & Chris.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope this is helpful.
    Great pictures and very good instructions. I finally got around to checking this out on my 303RLS and didn't find anything like this. Not one single molex connector was lying in the belly of my 303. In fact I couldn't find any molex connectors. It did not look anything like this. The only thing I can think of is this is because mine is a US model and maybe yours is a Canadian model?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrider2 View Post
    Great pictures and very good instructions. I finally got around to checking this out on my 303RLS and didn't find anything like this. Not one single molex connector was lying in the belly of my 303. In fact I couldn't find any molex connectors. It did not look anything like this. The only thing I can think of is this is because mine is a US model and maybe yours is a Canadian model?
    The US and Canadian Models are the same in this regard. Maybe yours were already tied up at the factory?
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US and Canadian Models are the same in this regard. Maybe yours were already tied up at the factory?
    Maybe, but when I say I couldn't find any Molex connectors, there was none to be found. Now there was loose wiring laying above the black plastic but that's it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234