User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    sentinel

Tow Vehicle for 337RLS or 317RST

Hello everyone. We are looking at getting a Reflection 337RLS or 317RST. This will require a truck upgrade for us. I was wondering if anyone out there was towing one of these models with a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0L gas engine. I would like to save the extra $8K for the diesel if I can. Looking at the Chevy towing guide, these Reflection models fall within the towing capacity of the 2500 with the 6.0L engine, but wanted to hear from anyone who's actually doing it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have no problems with the 6.0 on either of the trailers you mentioned. Just remember that 6.0 will be screaming on long hills in 3rd gear, but that is where it makes its power. Enjoy the money you save, put that in your pocket for extended trips.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hello everyone. We are looking at getting a Reflection 337RLS or 317RST. This will require a truck upgrade for us. I was wondering if anyone out there was towing one of these models with a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with the 6.0L gas engine. I would like to save the extra $8K for the diesel if I can. Looking at the Chevy towing guide, these Reflection models fall within the towing capacity of the 2500 with the 6.0L engine, but wanted to hear from anyone who's actually doing it.
    Keep in mind that you will probably be using more fuel with gas vs diesel. Another thing to consider is if, in a few years, you decide to upgrade to a larger or heavier RV. You'll probably need to get the diesel upgrade. I started with diesel and that's exactly what happened. After a year and a half we upgraded. I lost a little on the RV, but at least I didn't have to buy a new truck.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I upgraded to a diesel F350 from a Chevy 2500 gasser. Most of our driving is in mountains. It was worth the added cost for us. It's nice to pull a steep grade without backing up traffic. If I did most of my towing on flat roads, I'd probably consider gas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing I find with diesel over gas is, during normal towing (by normal, I mean no moderately steep or steep grades), I can set the cruise control and not have to deal with the transmission constantly searching for the gear needed to keep that gas motor in it's peak power range every time there's a slight hill. Makes for a much more relaxing drive.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

sentinel
    Awesome feedback. Thanks everyone for replying! A lot to think about and consider.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from a 6.0 to a diesel a year ago. The fuel savings alone will pay for it he cost of a diesel. Not to mention the ease of towing the larger loads. The hills that the gasser was in third gear screaming to maintain speed the diesel won't even downshift. If you plan on towing the diesel is a better deal.
    2015 Reflection 303rls
    2013 Gmc 2500HD Duramax