User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I'm interpreting around what your spell checker has done to your message above; hope I've got it right.

I personally know two people who have left their black flush running while they got distracted by something else and ruptured their tanks. One of them was lying under the tank with his arm wedged up the side of it when it blew. (He's still in psychotherapy. ) I've seen at least two other reports of it here in this forum from people I don't know.

So your assurances about pressure equalization and overflow out the roof vent are not reliable. It may work that way sometimes - in fact I've seen one report here about sewage flowing out the roof vent - but sometimes it doesn't. Therefore the best advice is not "don't worry about it, the laws of physics will protect you", but "be very cautious about overfilling the tank".
    I got lax once attending the black tank while flushing. The lapse hit me suddenly and I stopped the water. I wasn't hooked up, just getting ready to dump and I don't know why but I ran inside to see if it overflowed anywhere. The water was right to the rim of my toilet, none on the floor or anywhere else. I couldn't have timed it better if I tried. Knowing the Rube Goldberg of a plumbing system in these trailers I wouldn't count on a roof vent even if the tank didn't rupture.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't trust your black tank level sensors. Turn off the flush water, open the toilet valve and shine a flashlight into the tank. Not a pretty sight but accurate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12