User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hose and Cord Reels on the Cheap

I didn’t want to spend too much money on this, but I did want a cord reel and a hose reel in my front storage bay. The hose reel was one I already had on hand. We modified it with a bandsaw and a saws all, then mounted it to a piece of plywood. We then screwed that down to the front storage bay floor. The cord reel was built from wood and 4 inch PVC pipe. The crank is actually threaded bar with an oak dowel rod handle. We also screwed that to the front storage bay floor. It takes up a bit more space than I’d like altogether, but it gets the job done on the cheap. So, I thought I’d share. Now I just need to put a shelf in there above the reels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8266FCB3-E44A-42CF-B07C-5AF2A265CAA4.jpg  
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I forgot to mention. To get the power cord to feed onto the homemade cord reel, we took the 4 PVC pipe used to spool it and cut a 5 inch section out of it, approximately halfway through the pipe. This allowed the end of the cord that plugs into my 5th wheel to lay inside the pipe and be fed up to the end cap. Totally have to give my Dad credit here--his idea!
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg