User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded in a 371 Fuzion toyhauler on our 377 MBS Solitude. Dixie RV in Hammond, La. were willing to work with us. Drove 80 miles from our house to the dealer. Wife wanted more living area then the toyhauler had.
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Couple View Post
    We traded in a 371 Fuzion toyhauler on our 377 MBS Solitude. Dixie RV in Hammond, La. were willing to work with us. Drove 80 miles from our house to the dealer. Wife wanted more living area then the toyhauler had.
    336.6 miles. Denver,CO to Durango, CO. Dealer worked with us. We wanted to order it but not pick it up till November 2018. Put $1000.00 deposit on it.Call him in September and picked it up November 26,2018. It's a 2019 Grand Design Reflection 35ft 5th wheel plus we put a washer and dryer in it

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely going to refer to this thread when we look for our next rig- lots of good info here!!! In our case, I worked with four GD dealers around the New England area. All settled on pretty much the same price so I went with the closest (about 80 miles from us). Let’s just say the process was less than stellar and I shudder to think about going back for any type of service. Luckily everything is working fine on our rig. When we’re ready to trade in, I’ll expand the radius for sure.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Definitely going to refer to this thread when we look for our next rig- lots of good info here!!! In our case, I worked with four GD dealers around the New England area. All settled on pretty much the same price so I went with the closest (about 80 miles from us). Let’s just say the process was less than stellar and I shudder to think about going back for any type of service. Luckily everything is working fine on our rig. When we’re ready to trade in, I’ll expand the radius for sure.
    May I ask what four you worked with? We live in NH and have driven to North Carolina and Maine to be able to actually go inside the Solitudes we wanted to see. Sad.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what four you worked with?
    We used the dealer locator tool in the GD website. We knew the model and options we wanted when we ordered last December because we had been researching for a loooong time. I was able to handle all pricing through emails since we already knew what they looked like inside. I put down a deposit without meeting my dealer in person. I realize things are different now.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used the dealer locator tool in the GD website. We knew the model and options we wanted when we ordered last December because we had been researching for a loooong time. I was able to handle all pricing through emails since we already knew what they looked like inside. I put down a deposit without meeting my dealer in person. I realize things are different now.
    The Dealer Locator tool gives us 3 Camper's Inn locations in NH, MA, and CT. Does not locate the dealers in Maine and Vermont which are closer and have a better service rep. From prior experience, I will not deal with Camper's Inn.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From prior experience, I will not deal with Camper's Inn
    Yup, that was my thought although to give them some credit, at the end of the day I did get my unit for the terms we agreed on from the beginning. Friends of ours had a good experience at CI.

I checked the GD website and it appears they changed the dealer locator tool. Doesn't appear that you can enlarge the search area anymore. I had conversations with Lee's Family Trailer in Maine (another friend had a good experience there), Meyers in upstate NY (a co-worker had a good experience there) and Alpin Haus in NY. All were competitively priced (that was back in December though).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, that was my thought although to give them some credit, at the end of the day I did get my unit for the terms we agreed on from the beginning. Friends of ours had a good experience at CI.

I checked the GD website and it appears they changed the dealer locator tool. Doesn't appear that you can enlarge the search area anymore. I had conversations with Lee's Family Trailer in Maine (another friend had a good experience there), Meyers in upstate NY (a co-worker had a good experience there) and Alpin Haus in NY. All were competitively priced (that was back in December though).
    Drove up to Lee's a month back and was able to go in and out of 4 RVs of interest - found them by putting in a Portland zip code on GD's site. Unfortunately, our sales person abandoned us for a more promising customer Seems a number of dealers don't show up on RVTrader much either. There is another dealer in Montpelier that appears to have good service reviews - just didn't have the models we wanted to look at. Other then that, went to a dealer in Raleigh, NC while visiting our daughter. Liked that dealer and their life-time warranty (which others have said they have honored) but not sure I want to pull it there for a yearly inspection. We had our minds made up but unfortunately our choice is now dealer stock only and we would like to see the specs and floor plans on the new models which aren't on the GD site yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. Guess I really am crazy. Went to Salt Lake City from the Seattle area because the market is so ridiculous here. Just got back. We blew out of town as the snow fall started mid February, then brought it back over Donner and the Siskiyous a few days later, when Icepocolypse 2021 had waned and West Coast weather had become drivable. Had planned to visit family in Texas, but weather scuttled that, and almost made us give up altogether, especially when snow on our SUV was about 12" thick.

Local dealer, which I really think I like, started at $42k for a 2600RB, and even with pointing out I'm buying a trailer because I want to travel, so can't justify a $5k delivery fee when I can "deliver" it myself, they weren't softening much. Got another dealer down to $33k on the comparable Sunset Trail (2 sitting on the lot a while) and an offer for a comparable Grand Surveyor for $34,500, ordered. General had their RV show "sale", with their Best Price button on the web site, which yielded a $32k offer. Local dealer claimed all the fees weren't shown, did some napkin math and seemed to be implying they could easily get to $40k. I figured the extra 20% wasn't happening, so just got it done with General. Put the General guys though some pain checking brake adjustment and wheel bearings and verifying solar pre wire was good, but I think everyone got what they wanted. Had nice stops in Elko and north of Redding, shaking down our routine and learning about the furnace idiosyncracies, but quite smooth overall. I missed a slam latch on a pass through that doesn't stay latched, even when locked, and that the hide a bed likely needs the spacers removed to get it level across the slide out, but everything else worked fine.

Service up here is so backed up, I figure good will isn't helping much anyhow. And I can do most of the stuff myself, since GD seem pretty helpful.
    Last edited by dbphillips; 02-27-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Salt Lake City, Utah. We were getting way funky numbers form our local dealer. Prep fees, delivery fees ...... I sold my old 5th wheel and delivered it guy in Dallas and then picked up our new 2020 GD Refection 315 in Tyler Texas. I drove over 2600 miles round trip and saved thousands and thousands of dollars. It was well worth the trip. But, I need to say I am happy with the warranty service I have received with our local dealer.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast