User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traveled from Shelton, Wa. to Milwaukee Oregon to buy ours (138 miles) They were the 2nd lowest on price. The lowest price one was in eastern Wa. but it had been sitting on the lot for over 3 months, the one we got in Milwaukee was only sitting for 2 weeks.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    290 miles one way, Duncan SC from Holden Beach. 2500RL BTW. Best deal we could find within 500 miles of home. Good people to deal with, although we have not been back
    2018 F150 Eco 4x4 XLT CC Max Tow Package
    Michelin Defender tires
    2019 GD Imagine 2500RL WDH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in Springfield, Oregon. Paul Evert's (RV Country) is in Coburg, Oregon. 7 .7 miles according to google map.

It's been rough going "all that way" for warranty work.

We bought both are rigs there. We stole the Solitude from them for $71,000. The 2016 380TH was close to that. I gave Blue Dog in Redmond a chance, but they was $20,000 too high. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were on a motorcycle ride (132 miles from home) in Ringgold, GA when we found it at Northgate RV. They were really easy to work with. We loved that they let us look at our leisure and when we had questions or needed information, we went into them. No pressure sales or having to have a babysitter salesman tag along. They do have a location a little closer to us near Knoxville that we've visited some but still like the GA location best. They will be first on our list when we upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4.5 crow miles, lol. Long distance for sure.
    I bought from ExploreUSA in Seguin, TX.
    They were great before the sale, including fixing some major issues. I haven't been back in the year since, so I can't really speak to their after sale service.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 miles from Reno Nevada to Sacramento California. Interesting part, we have an authorized GD dealer literally three miles from our house. Said dealer would barely move off of MSRP and absolutely wouldn't move from the "delivery fee" or whatever they call it. I call it paying extra for items that should be included in original purchase price i.e; propane fill, walk through, some kind of road side assistance that probably came from GD anyway. The galling part was is essence paying for a walk through. Ours was the 7th rig we have purchased. I think we could probably have done the walk through ourselves. Sacramento dealer asked me point blank it the extra fee was a deal breaker, and I told them it would break the deal in half. They waived it, and off we went.
    Another fun time with Reno dealer: we had some additionial warranty work to be done, and I took a chance and took the rig to them. Service person asked where we purchased the rig, and I told her. Her response was "why don't you take the trailer back where you bought it?" She also informed me that GD sometimes didn't honor warranty work, which is incorrect. They have always covered any issue we had. I also mentioned to service person that I would be glad to pay for work up front, and when GD paid for the work, I could be reimbursed. She looked at me like I was from Mars. So much for our local Grand Design dealer.
    Post Script: We recently had some major axle replacement as well as grease bearing & brake check work done to the tune of about $1900.00. Guess who we didn't go to in Reno to do the work?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Post Script: We recently had some major axle replacement as well as grease bearing & brake check work done to the tune of about $1900.00. Guess who we didn't go to in Reno to do the work?
    This is where I am utterly lost - the GD dealer is 20 minutes away. In the late 90's we went there to buy a 32' travel trailer from them and walked out so frustrated that we purchased from a location about an hour away. Three weeks back, we went to look at a Solitude and were told we couldn't due to COVID and their need to clean each coach after every customer enters one so they pushed us into something we were not at all interested in. All the GD dealers in my area have the same ownership. The closest one is between 1.5 and 2 of 5 on reviews, particularly on service. I'm willing to travel to pick up (live in New England) but I'd like to think the dealership is halfway reputable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    Palmetto, Ga to Ringgold Ga. 125 miles ea way. Northgate RV. Great family run dealer, good prices and easy to work with.
    Same with Northgate RV, but I was coming from Memphis (350 miles). Also had a very good experience working with them and at PDI.

The unit was "on order" and the saleswoman told me that it would be in in about 3 weeks. I told my wife not to get excited, that it was probably sales talk just to get us to put the deposit down, and that it would be 6 weeks if we're lucky. 3 weeks later my phone rings and she tells me the unit has arrived and is ready for pickup. I just about fell out of my chair.

We have a local dealer here that I was unable to get nailed down due to the surge in demand. I don't blame them I was looking to make a deal quick and their phones have been ringing off the hook. I have looked there before and really like all the people, I hope there is no hard feelings when it comes time for service. If there are, I understand, business is business and I will be happy to take it back to Northgate.
    Last edited by MemphisRebel82; 08-05-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Matt & Michelle
    Tennessee
    2021 Imagine 3250BH
    2020 Ford F250 6.7L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bout a 2016 Reflection 337RLS, from a private party, they drove it to us from Florida to Salt Lake City Utah, then we drove from Salt Lake to Idaho Falls Idaho. Based on a 1 way venture. "I WIN" We have only had one weekend in it and really like the set up. A bit different from our Monaco Cayman Class A Diesel Pusher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    How far did you travel to pick up your trailer? Please state your point of origin and destination. And RV seller. We are considering an upgrade or side grade to either a Reflection 5th wheel ( 240RL or 230RL ) or another Imagine--probably 2500RL. Rear living area is what we would like this time around. Might be the last trailer we buy in a while or ever, so we want to do the research and get the best deal but also the right trailer for us. Travel long distance to trade in our current trailer and picking up a new one isn't too much of a concern.
    I traveled 2,000 miles from Elk Grove, CA to Bonne Terre, MO for my 2021 Reflection 31MB!!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast