User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

311BHS Low leveling jacks

Has anyone else had an issues with the low height of the leveling jacks? I have noticed ours are really low, however they can not be mounted any higher due to flooring design. These are factory. 2020 311BHS. We tore up the road this past weekend at a campground and the ground was not really that bad. The jack went under the pavement and then ripped out. I have attached pics as they show better than I can explain. I have not contacted GD, but not really sure they can do anything about it. We stay in NC Sate campgrounds that are not paved sites and most are unlevel. I'm sure this will be an issue for us again. and yes, they are all the way up. They have been like this from day one, but this is the first time they tore something up. Another problem is when backing into a large parking lot like a grocery store or the vacant lot next to McDonalds, etc.. you really have to be careful if backing up to a curb, that the rear jacks don't hit the curb. This seems way to low. Thoughts ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200726_134918.jpg   IMG_20200726_132531.jpg  
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2013 Chevy 3500 SRW with airlift bags.
    B&W companion slider

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200726_132520.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	28407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200726_132423.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	28408
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    B&W companion slider

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200726_134911.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	28409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200726_132429.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	28410
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    B&W companion slider

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in wrong section. This is a Fifth Wheel.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    B&W companion slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My jacks retract to about 14” from the road to the foot pads of the jacks. By the looks of the picture with the soda bottle yours are only about 6-7”. Something seems off with your setup.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMud View Post
    Has anyone else had an issues with the low height of the leveling jacks? I have noticed ours are really low, however they can not be mounted any higher due to flooring design. These are factory. 2020 311BHS. We tore up the road this past weekend at a campground and the ground was not really that bad. The jack went under the pavement and then ripped out. I have attached pics as they show better than I can explain. I have not contacted GD, but not really sure they can do anything about it. We stay in NC Sate campgrounds that are not paved sites and most are unlevel. I'm sure this will be an issue for us again. and yes, they are all the way up. They have been like this from day one, but this is the first time they tore something up. Another problem is when backing into a large parking lot like a grocery store or the vacant lot next to McDonalds, etc.. you really have to be careful if backing up to a curb, that the rear jacks don't hit the curb. This seems way to low. Thoughts ?
    I have the same rig and once I can get access to it I will look at mine. I think mine are fairly low as well. I found this in the Lippert manual.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	28428

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I have the same rig and once I can get access to it I will look at mine. I think mine are fairly low as well. I found this in the Lippert manual.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	41 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	28428

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it might be fairly easy to adjust. At least according to the instructions. [emoji2373]Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	28430

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this.

https://youtu.be/VDeN2E_9itg

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info.. Thanks. I just went and looked at the camper again. It appears it's good on the approach angles and the jacks are exactly 7" off the ground. So, it's in spec per the manual. However,,,, it is still too low in my opinion. They bumped the ground again this past weekend at a camp site. I have to really watch out and keep them in mind when moving. It only has probably less than an inch to be able to move them up any before hitting the sub floor. I may try to move them up a bolt hole after measuring better to see if it's even possible to move up. I have been looking at other campers on the weekends and this 311BHS jack setup is way lower than any other I have seen. It's headed back in for the slide tearing the floor again warranty, so I may get the dealer to look at it next month just so GD is aware.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    B&W companion slider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast