User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMud View Post
    Has anyone else had an issues with the low height of the leveling jacks? I have noticed ours are really low, however they can not be mounted any higher due to flooring design. These are factory. 2020 311BHS. We tore up the road this past weekend at a campground and the ground was not really that bad. The jack went under the pavement and then ripped out. I have attached pics as they show better than I can explain. I have not contacted GD, but not really sure they can do anything about it. We stay in NC Sate campgrounds that are not paved sites and most are unlevel. I'm sure this will be an issue for us again. and yes, they are all the way up. They have been like this from day one, but this is the first time they tore something up. Another problem is when backing into a large parking lot like a grocery store or the vacant lot next to McDonalds, etc.. you really have to be careful if backing up to a curb, that the rear jacks don't hit the curb. This seems way to low. Thoughts ?
    This thread may be of some help:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...lizers-too-low

I have the same problem on my 240RL, the bottom plates scrub almost every speed bump I drive over. I just take it very slow, and they just barely drag. I'd take the bottom plates off but I'd be too worried about catching the bottom of the jack leg and not being able to put the bottom plates back on. I havent come across any that were too tall yet, but I reckon if that happens I could let air out of the rears on the TV to bring the back of the trailer up. Gonna contact GD when I get home and see about getting some shorter jacks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got mine back from the dealer for some other warranty items and they said since they didn't hang below the "string" test, they were fine and nothing they could do per GD. I will remember this post and find the shorter jacks once I rip mine out on a root or uneven campsite. I just go slow and really watch out now. Thanks for the heads up..... keep me updated if you do get the shorter jacks from GD and I'll get the part number from ya.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2013 Chevy 3500 SRW with airlift bags.
    B&W companion slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Very informative! Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12