Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teton National Park

We are going to be in Wyoming in September and wanted to stay a couple days near the Teton National Park. Most of the campgrounds are first come first serve. I see a lot of people post that they have stayed at Colter Bay Campground. How does the first come first serve work. The website says they fill up by 8 am. Do you just show up at 6 am and drive in a circle until someone pulls out? This is my first trip cross country in my Momentum 21G.

Thank you,
    Brenda
    2020 Momentum 21G
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLK View Post
    We are going to be in Wyoming in September and wanted to stay a couple days near the Teton National Park. Most of the campgrounds are first come first serve. I see a lot of people post that they have stayed at Colter Bay Campground. How does the first come first serve work. The website says they fill up by 8 am. Do you just show up at 6 am and drive in a circle until someone pulls out? This is my first trip cross country in my Momentum 21G.

Thank you,
    Brenda
    2020 Momentum 21G
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel
    We had reservations at Coulter Bay when we went. Just like any other campground. Had to wait until the actual check in time, so that people who were leaving that day had a chance to get out.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are actually two sites in Colter Bay - Colter Bay RV Park that has full hookups and takes reservations and Colter Bay Campground that has no hookups and is first come, first serve. We will be in Colter Bay RV Park 5 nights in mid-August. I made reservations last October in order to get reservations.

I can't help with the first come, first serve since we want hookups and we prefer reservations so that we know we have a place to camp. Our Solitude is large enough that we can't fit in every campsite, particularly in national parks, so we are not comfortable taking a chance that a large enough site would be available.

Karen
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023