Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking Main Slide 397TH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2vUc5fYUEI
    We've had our rig sitting in our yard for a couple weeks since our last outing. It has been level with all the slides in, but it's rained a few times during that time and it's not covered. I went out tonight to get ready for a trip for tomorrow. When I put the slides out, water started dripping on one of the main slides. See video. What should I do? Is it a bad seal somewhere? Or improper drain?

FYI, this is a 2018 397TH that I purchased a few weeks ago and I'm a first time RV owner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waldo....

I approved your post. As a new, non-paying member posts with links get pended until one of us moderators approves them. It's one way we try to limit advertising/spam/hacking. Anyway, you're good to go with this post now.

As far as the leak - does you rig sit level when in the yard & parked? Maybe if it leans the wrong way water may intrude, but it shouldn't. You're going to have to on the roof and check that the seal is still good, not cracked, etc. It shouldn't do what you showed. Heck, maybe there is even a hole in the roof of the slide. Check all around for proper sealing at all the top seams too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way the slide will leak like that is if the coach is leaning. The slide roofs are tapered away from the main body, so it water should run away from the body.

My bet is the coach is not actually level.

If you look at the slide where it joins the flange, they are not actually sealed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200730_071756.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	28529

Got on the roof and the seal was broken and had gotten stuck. Fixed it. The RV was leveled but could have very well sunk since leveling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 weeks ago I saw the same issue on ours. Had rained earlier in the day and only leaked when we brought the slide out. Wasn't exactly level but still wasn't level. Would hate to think its that picky. Comments got me thinking and will head up top and check the seals in the morning. If not, I will pay better attention to leveling when parked in the yard. Going to also add some tape around the slide to help the seals "flip" correctly when extending the slide. Some only flip half way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found my seal was separating the entire width of the main slide. Will now look into seeing if warranty covers this still and if not I will try to replace myself.

Also saw it ripping at the corner from the slide rubbing against it.

Name:	IMG_3531.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	32924

Name:	IMG_3530.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	32925