Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what we went through.
    Price is going to be dependent on area and demand. If a dealer is selling trailers they are less likely to give a large discount. Like buying a car, depends. if you are trading another unit on the purchase of this one.
    We set our budget first, what we could afford. We looked at lots of different manufacturers and floor plans. What do you need in a trailer. What is the track record of the different manufactures.
    We narrowed it down to a few models within our budget. Then we started to look at what was in the trailer. We settled on two models, one had lots of options such at one touch leveling and maxair vents along with some other items smaller refrig. The GD had a larger refrig. Then we saw some items on how the other trailer was built. LED strips on the front installed with double sided tape along with other options. Got thinking that if they have some expensive options on this unit and have it the same price as the GD unit. Seemed to us that they saved money on construction.
    Customer service was a big point considered. Yes they have not been around for ever but look at some that have been and the issues.
    In the past we purchased a Creek Side trailer from a company that had not been around for that long and we were very pleased.
    Every company is going to have issues but what separates them is how they are handled.
    Just my thoughts.
    Jim
    D & J
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2014 F350, 6.7, Anderson Ultimate

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other misfortunate thing is that you can’t shop many of the dealers. GD will not let them post the sale prices on web sites or other advertising media without GD’s approval All of the products are MAP’ed. That is all of the manufacture incentives that you can’t see, (co-op, MDF, hold backs, etc), are not accounted for. A MAP structure is a way to keep all of the dealers from offering the best deals for the customer.

As far as your sales price - 30- 40% off MSRP is the industry standard.

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shopped around a little on our Solitude, I did find a little better price other than where I bought from but I chose to buy from my local dealer, my last 5er was bought from whoever was cheapest and I regretted that everyday I owned it. I got close to 30% off on the Solitude, don`t give up with your local dealer, go sit down with them and get serious, they will come down.
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123