User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sentinel

Ready to buy, but.........

Ok, someone help me out with this logic: I thought we were ready to pull the trigger on a 337RLS or 317RST. The MSRP on these models are at th $59K and $60K mark with options. When I start calling around for the best price to some dealers, I'm kinda shocked at what I hear. This is gonna be a real newbie question, as this is our very first rv. I'll be honest - I was really expecting much deeper discounts from what I got. So why are dealers specifically NOT discounting this brand like ALL the others? Am I missing something? Why would I spend $53-$55k on a 337, when I can easily find a larger and better equipped 5th wheel for the same price once it's been discounted? This is just one of many examples, but I can easily find a new Jayco 351RSTS or Jayco 361REQS in the upper $50k range. Just trying to figure this out.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you located?

GD products do typically cost a bit more than the run of the mill manufacturers.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

sentinel
    Little Rock

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, you get what you pay for. Just read over this forum, and you'll see what I mean.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi sentinel,

I think you have found the "value proposition" that Grand Design has earned in two short years.
    Remember the old adage that "you get what you pay for" ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

sentinel
    thanks everyone. What drew me to GD from the beginning was the lack of owner complaints compared to the other manufacturers. I really don't mind at all paying a little more, I just wish the company wasn't so 'young' so there was more data out there. Feel like I'm starting over in the decision making process now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'd say you need to either shop around more or negotiate harder.

First let me say that I feel we got way, way more trailer for our money than many people I know who have lesser trailers for more money. Second. we got our brand new, built December 2015, 337RLS with 2 A/Cs, and the 12 cu ft refrigerator for about 25% off MSRP, maybe a smidgen more. and, this is the highly marked up west coast!

Don't give up, you won't regret getting a Grand Design trailer.

I wanted to add that RV prices are all over the board. There really seems to be no rhyme or reason. And NO ONE pays close to MSRP. I will also admit that some other brands can be had for as much as 35% or more off of MSRP! My point isn't that you should try to get that for a Reflection, it's that some manufacturers are listing their units way above any reasonable value.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    thanks everyone. What drew me to GD from the beginning was the lack of owner complaints compared to the other manufacturers. I really don't mind at all paying a little more, I just wish the company wasn't so 'young' so there was more data out there. Feel like I'm starting over in the decision making process now.
    sentinel. We were in the same position... wondering about the newness of the company and all. After almost 2 years of ownership and seeing how the company has evolved and grown, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Their commitment to quality and customer service is even better now than in the beginning. The social media support from owners and the company is something I've never seen before and it's awesome! They're onto something and I doubt they will change it. They are rapidly gaining market share. Why? Because it's working, BIG TIME!
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

sentinel
    Wow. thanks Poppys 5th Wheel. That's exactly what we were looking at - a 337 with the larger fridge and the 2nd AC. I'd have written the check today if someone would've given me 25% off!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think our percentage was something between 20-25% off from MSRP but we also got a good deal on our trade in. Don't get too hung up on a percentage - it comes down to what you are happy with - I was concerned with the newness of the company but we can honestly tell you, we do not regret our decision one bit. We were not going to buy a new trailer for about another year but when we saw the Grand Design and the quality, we were hooked. When we went to the rally, met the owners and key personnel, toured the plant and saw all the work being done on trailers, it only further impressed us with the quality of not only the units, but with the Company.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast