Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chattering brakes

Greeting GD'ers
    A brake question:
    When braking on downhills, I feel a "surge" upon braking our 2500 RL Imagine. Our Nisson tow truck has had the brakes checked twice and I have been told we have plenty left in them. I had the Imagine carefully checked last month while I had the bearings checked and packed. I was actually there with the Les Schwab tech as my wife applied brakes and he spun the wheel and adjusted. I have had the brake monitor in the truck tested for proper amps or watts coming from that unit The truck feels fine under braking without the trailer. Testing the trailer using the brake monitor, I don't feel the surge. Any ideas?
    Scratching My Head In Nevada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of brake controller?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Greeting GD'ers
    A brake question:
    When braking on downhills, I feel a "surge" upon braking our 2500 RL Imagine. Our Nisson tow truck has had the brakes checked twice and I have been told we have plenty left in them. I had the Imagine carefully checked last month while I had the bearings checked and packed. I was actually there with the Les Schwab tech as my wife applied brakes and he spun the wheel and adjusted. I have had the brake monitor in the truck tested for proper amps or watts coming from that unit The truck feels fine under braking without the trailer. Testing the trailer using the brake monitor, I don't feel the surge. Any ideas?
    Scratching My Head In Nevada

Brake controller might have a delay or incorrect effort/gain settings. Check the controller.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had it checked to make sure it had power

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried checking your trailer brakes and controller with an initial test of going 10 mph and just stopping using the manual sliider/button on the brake controller? It should stop you easily.