Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diesel Fuel Stops

Hello!

So I signed up for a TSD Card (Hpe I said that right?

So what gas stations honor that card? We're now to RVing, and I'm very green to towing an RV. I hear its unlikely I cant stop at a usual gas station when I'm towing my 32' 2670MK - which I guess leads me to only use Truck Stops? To be honest - I cant recall seeing a Love's, or any other Diesel station in this area of the PNW. We go to Grants Pass OR. tomorrow to pick up our rig on Saturday.

We're planning to stay two night near the dealer to check out the rig, then going to Crater Lake for two days, and then head home north of Seattle. Driving on I-5 - how do I find a diesel furl station capable of fitting my truck and trailer? Lots to learn with this new phase of our lives!!

Thanks for any advice!!
    Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello!

So what gas stations honor that card? We're now to RVing, and I'm very green to towing an RV. I hear its unlikely I cant stop at a usual gas station when I'm towing my 32' 2670MK - which I guess leads me to only use Truck Stops? To be honest - I cant recall seeing a Love's, or any other Diesel station in this area of the PNW. We go to Grants Pass OR. tomorrow to pick up our rig on Saturday.

We're planning to stay two night near the dealer to check out the rig, then going to Crater Lake for two days, and then head home north of Seattle. Driving on I-5 - how do I find a diesel furl station capable of fitting my truck and trailer? Lots to learn with this new phase of our lives!!

Thanks for any advice!!
    Steve
    Don't fret. There are many gas station that carry diesel. IN most cases, but not all look for the green handle. BP however does not follow this color coding the last time I traveled. You just need to pay attention can you get in and out. Most diesel pumps are very accessible. Have fun and stay safe in your travels.

However the TDS card (I don't carry one) is only usable at their participating stations. I suggest before any trip you visit their web site and find listed ones along your planed travel path.
    Last edited by powerscol; 07-31-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enter “cheaper diesel fuel” in the search bar above and you’ll find a good discussion on this.

Also, Chad from Changing Lanes on YouTube shares more tips and tricks.

You need to download the EFS app and use the price locator tool. We used our card for the first time yesterday. The locator tool found us the cheapest source on our route. We saved about $30 on the fill up - pretty stoked about that!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the EFS app for your phone and use its "Price Locator." That displays a map with stations nearby. At the top of the map is an icon bar. The arrow icon opens "Route Search" where you can enter your start and end. Almost all the stations marked "Edge" will participate in the TSD program. In New England it's just Petro/TA. Check the TSD list for your area.
    You can only use the card on the big rig filling area. When the machine asks, you want tractor fuel and not reefer. It is for tractor trailers and not their refrigeration (reefer.) Sorry if you already know - I had to ask the trucker in the next lane.

2020 Reflection 295RL - F-250 6.7L Powerstroke
    - Neil

2020 Reflection 295RL
    2019 Ford F250 XLT 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado333 View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for any advice!!
    Steve
    The app is awesome. You can plan a trip on it and it will show all the gas stations and the prices on the route.. I only use the truck lanes pulling my 36 foot 5th wheel. Easy in and out. Sometimes you will have to wait for a open lane. If you are going to travel a lot subscribe to RV Trip Wizard on the PC. Its an internet base program just for RVer's. It has every campground, truck stop, walmart, low bridges, etc in the US. I use it daily to plan our trips. Use this with the tsd app and plan your gas stops and save a lot of money on fill ups. Even more if you have an auxillary tank. My savings are significant on long hauls.