User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing with a 2019 F150 2.7 with tow package

We just towed our 2450RL from Wasaga Beach Ont to Winnipeg Mb with our 2019 F150 2.7 EcoBoost. 1418lb load capacity, just the wife and I. The trailer was loaded normally but the truck was loaded with containers of items for our daughters in Winnipeg after 500lbs I stopped weighing
    everything. I even have a 3rd propane tank and my generator in the truck bed. I measured the ride height before loading and after loading and with the trailer connected the front of the truck is with in 1/2 " of the rear of the truck. So with every thing loaded we headed out. The truck pulled the trailer like it was not there but the fuel economy sure knew it was there I was getting 24.8L/per 100km 9.5 MPG. After adjusting my speed to between 90 to 95 km an hour and shifting the transmission between tow mode and normal I was able to average 21.9L/per 100 10.7mpg and keeping the rpm's at 2000 as much as possible. Northern Ontario has some of the steepest hills you will find we over 13 hours in two days going up and 6% and 7% grades some were 1000's of feet long. We had 13 road construction zones that slowed us down too. The transmission and engine temperature stayed at normal the entire trip. Once we got past Dryden the roads flatten out a lot and once you hit Manitoba your in the Prairie's. We averaged 21.1L/per hundred over the 2011km we drove which is 11.1 mpg US. I was worried the 2.7 might use more fuel pulling the trailer and a fully loaded truck and wondered if the 3.5 might have been a better choice but getting 11.1 and not once had a problem going up or down a 6 or 7% grade I am very happy with the 2.7 and how it tows our 2450RL. I will do a follow up once we get home in September on the trip home.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That little 2.7 is really impressive. I was worried at first but after our first outing with our 22mle, all my worries went away after climbing the first steep hill.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    That little 2.7 is really impressive. I was worried at first but after our first outing with our 22mle, all my worries went away after climbing the first steep hill.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I was concerned with Northern Ontario hills / mountains but it was fine. I was second guessing myself should I have gotten the 3.5 but the 2.7 really impressed me too. Looking forward to the trip home and being over 500lbs less in weight.

Ken

2020 Imagine 2450RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    We just towed our 2450RL from Wasaga Beach Ont to Winnipeg Mb with our 2019 F150 2.7 EcoBoost. 1418lb load capacity, just the wife and I. The trailer was loaded normally but the truck was loaded with containers of items for our daughters in Winnipeg after 500lbs I stopped weighing
    everything. I even have a 3rd propane tank and my generator in the truck bed. I measured the ride height before loading and after loading and with the trailer connected the front of the truck is with in 1/2 " of the rear of the truck. So with every thing loaded we headed out. The truck pulled the trailer like it was not there but the fuel economy sure knew it was there I was getting 24.8L/per 100km 9.5 MPG. After adjusting my speed to between 90 to 95 km an hour and shifting the transmission between tow mode and normal I was able to average 21.9L/per 100 10.7mpg and keeping the rpm's at 2000 as much as possible. Northern Ontario has some of the steepest hills you will find we over 13 hours in two days going up and 6% and 7% grades some were 1000's of feet long. We had 13 road construction zones that slowed us down too. The transmission and engine temperature stayed at normal the entire trip. Once we got past Dryden the roads flatten out a lot and once you hit Manitoba your in the Prairie's. We averaged 21.1L/per hundred over the 2011km we drove which is 11.1 mpg US. I was worried the 2.7 might use more fuel pulling the trailer and a fully loaded truck and wondered if the 3.5 might have been a better choice but getting 11.1 and not once had a problem going up or down a 6 or 7% grade I am very happy with the 2.7 and how it tows our 2450RL. I will do a follow up once we get home in September on the trip home.

Ken

Ken,

I’m am getting a 2400BH and it seems like your 2450RL has similar weights to it. I also have an F-150 but a 3.5L, max load capacity of 1690 pounds. Were you worried about the hitch weight at all? I ask because I’m worried my F-150 will be over max payload between the tongue weight, wife and myself, and 2 kids.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDIrishLacrosse View Post
    Ken,

I’m am getting a 2400BH and it seems like your 2450RL has similar weights to it. I also have an F-150 but a 3.5L, max load capacity of 1690 pounds. Were you worried about the hitch weight at all? I ask because I’m worried my F-150 will be over max payload between the tongue weight, wife and myself, and 2 kids.
    If you have the tow package you should be fine my cargo capacity is 1418lbs my hitch weight is about 600lbs. The truck squats 2" without connecting my bars for the wdh. When I connect it I'm within 1/2" of being level. I was only worried the 2.7 would use a lot of fuel on the steep hills in Northern Ontario but the trip erased all doubt about the 2.7.

Ken

2020 Imagine 2450RL