Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need 5th wheel recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I looked into it when we bought our new reflection. I was told by the dealer to call Grand design to find out about it and if it would affect the warranty. Grand design recommended I call lippard, they are the ones that made the frame, lippard said that it would void the frame warranty because just the couple of inches offset is enough to add enough torque to the king pin and the forward frame of the trailer that it was not designed for in those Weld areas.
    Did you ask for that in writing? I don’t doubt that they told you this. I am just suggesting that it may not be reliable information as I have been scouring the internet and cannot find any proof that any frame warranty has been voided due to the use of the AUH or the Pullright. Both similar.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If U want a good review on AUH go You tube watch Video Mr Truck or Big Truck

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgkeaney View Post
    Did you ask for that in writing? I don’t doubt that they told you this. I am just suggesting that it may not be reliable information as I have been scouring the internet and cannot find any proof that any frame warranty has been voided due to the use of the AUH or the Pullright. Both similar.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    No I did not ask for that in writing because I was talking to lippard and they are the ones that will say yes or no to any claims. Feel free to call them yourself since you're basically saying I am a lying to you, which I have absolutely zero reason to. Simply trying to pass along what I was directly told from the manufacturer. It's up to you to take it with a grain of salt or not. Obviously you do not want to do your own homework and find out. I guess making a phone call is too complicated for you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a breath MJ. I said that I had no reason to disagree with you saying they told you this. I am sure they did. And if I called them, they would tell me the same. However, scour the internet. I haven’t found a single case of anyone claiming, after something went wrong with the frame, that Lippert denied it based on the use of the AUH. And I tried to help readers of this thread understand why i would think this isnt the case. No attack meant if that is how any of my posts came off.

The whole deal about “getting things in writing” is because they wont put it into writing. Just like dealers tell people crap all the time and wont put it into writing.

It’s all part of the game and if people educate themselves on the reality of the risk, they can make logical decisions not decisions based on “i heard it on the internet.”

Be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    Just the fact that Andersen advertises their fake $5,000,000 insurance policy is proof enough.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Just the fact that Andersen advertises their fake $5,000,000 insurance policy is proof enough.
    Ok. Back it up with facts. Send a link from anywhere that the lippert warranty has been voided due to use of AUH. I’ll wait.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a breath MJ. I said that I had no reason to disagree with you saying they told you this. I am sure they did. And if I called them, they would tell me the same. However, scour the internet. I haven’t found a single case of anyone claiming, after something went wrong with the frame, that Lippert denied it based on the use of the AUH. And I tried to help readers of this thread understand why i would think this isnt the case. No attack meant if that is how any of my posts came off.

The whole deal about “getting things in writing” is because they wont put it into writing. Just like dealers tell people crap all the time and wont put it into writing.

It’s all part of the game and if people educate themselves on the reality of the risk, they can make logical decisions not decisions based on “i heard it on the internet.”

Be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree with you RGKeaney.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Back it up with facts. Send a link from anywhere that the lippert warranty has been voided due to use of AUH. I’ll wait.

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    That's what is called a Prima Facie fact. I know that you Andersen guys love your hitches, but if Lippert and other frame makers didn't void their warranty, then why would Andersen advertise the insurance policy.
    Just because you see something of the internet or not has nothing to do with fact!
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    That's what is called a Prima Facie fact. I know that you Andersen guys love your hitches, but if Lippert and other frame makers didn't void their warranty, then why would Andersen advertise the insurance policy.
    Just because you see something of the internet or not has nothing to do with fact!
    Oh yeah. That will play well in civil court. “Well Andersen advertises a $5M policy so lippert must be on solid ground to deny the warranty claim.”

+++++++++++++++++++
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Andersen ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    MicroAir Easy-Start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading all this info and opinions had me nervous about the AUH so I went the long way and talked to LPI, GD, and AUH, then sent the warranty to my attorney and in the end I based my decision on people I know that had the hitch and their experience.

I went with the AUH and I have zero doubt it is exactly right for my use.

Easy to test bolt in with my always ready torque wrench, no greasy mess, quite, fast as hell hookup without dancing on jaws to confirm lock. And plenty of clearance for my Ram HD 3500 short box. Add to it my 360 camera system on the ram and I hit hitch point dead on the first time every time. I am glad I listened to my friends with Solitudes and their real world experience with the product.

Downside to AUH is easy install easy to steal. Swapping to a hitch pin lock reduces strength and pins will not accommodate a hard to cut padlock. The advantage of the traditional 5th wheel is its silly weight. ��. Going to have to work on this problem. Using a Bed cover in the meantime.

Matt

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast