Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Generator ??

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generator ??

have been thinking about a inverter/generator for our 2500 RL. I am pretty sure a Generac 2000 will serve our needs i.e; lights/water pump/some TV/No need for A/C as we don't use in when hooped up. My question: I have looked at other generators, and the larger ones have a 30 amp inlet, where you just plug in your power cord, and away you go. Some of the smaller generators don't have that. How do I get from our power plug to power from generator. I have the adapter from 30 to regular extension cord for plugging in at home. Would that work?
    Thanks all for any insight

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you may want to reconsider your choice. The Generac 2000W inverter generator is rated for 1600W continuous. If you ever want to use anything like a hairdryer or electric cooking appliance, you might run out of power.

Since 1600W is only 13.33A, you can run what that can power from your standard NEMA 5-15P to 30A adapter.
    Last edited by jkwilson; 08-01-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks from the newbie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My generator choice centered around the air conditioner. We only have one but the battery charger needs to run at the same time. That adds up to 22-25 amps, for several hours at time. Any TV, microwave, etc would be on top of that.

BTW "continuous" in electrical terms is 3 hours or more. Also the 5-15 connectors are rated at 15 amps, any generator over that should use a heftier plug and cord.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Type generator into advanced search, get coffee in the morning, put a Half rack of beer in fridge and frozen waffles in freezer for tomorrow morning. You will still be reading the tribal knowledge of this site.

Enjoy
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper