User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Ok added a way to story the Happy-Jac Bed ladder out of the way while traveling and storage. I actually purchased a second one as the first one was way to tall, but didn't want to cut it cause I need it for the loft.

Purchased one of those Sliding Spring Grip Organizers to keep the ladder and rear awning tool out of the way. I used those 3M command strips to hold it in place instead of screwing it into the wall.
    Attachment 1464 Attachment 1465 Attachment 1466

Course I go more coming as time allows.
    Your mods are all so beautiful!! Thank you for taking the time to share. My favorite is the lighted stairs! I just ordered the ladder holders on Amazon for my 2 ladders. It's the only one I'm capable of doing myself and very excited I won't be tripping over my ladders tied to the floor anymore!!!
    Jimmy & Trudy
    2016 Momentum 399th
    2014 F-350 Super Duty Platinum Crew Cab DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch
    2 Sweet Boston Terriers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgillard View Post
    Stephen,

I didn't use matching wood, just some white oak lumber/plywood scraps I had laying around the shop. Tried to stain them as close as possible to GD's wood finish, but can't match it. I used an ebony stain and people that looked at it thought it was built like that, so I guess I'll leave it. Doors are closed 99% of the time anyway. My 1/2-bath cabinet was made from the same wood. I mounted it just to the right of the window, between the window and mirror. Good spot and doesn't interfere with anything. I have the door opening right to left so there's no possibility of it opening and striking mirror.

My 350 only came with one ladder and I wondered how you were supposed to use it to access two different places. After seeing a dealer video on the 350 and observing two ladders on the floor, I contacted JD with GD Customer Service. They asked for the last four number of my VIN and said it would be shipped immediately. No questions asked! I will cut the legs on the second one to match the height of the Happi-Jack bed.

I wish I would have thought about the toilet paper dispenser and done as you did. That really looks neat and clean. I may just patch the holes and do it anyway. Window shade for the garage door is a great idea; maybe small blinds or something similar to the day/night shades on the camper itself.

Thinking of putting a cable hookup outside also. I contacted GD and asked if they could just ship me the outside door/frame, but they said it had to be installed when being built. Then I thought I could just put a small tv on a tilt out mount in the storage bay. I just don't see where we would use the outdoor tv that much, so I'll have to give it more consideration. Could always just make it portable and set it on a table. I like the idea of the propane quick connect also. We could cook up some crawfish!

Keep me in mind when you do your mods and let me know how they're working out. Thanks!
    Gentlemen I think the stain is the same as in the 376 TH. We have a great place here in Lexington and they did a great job of matching the stain for us. It is dead on. Here is a picture of the formula.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the complements. This is something I do enjoy doing. I have quite a few more mods I will be working on. I'll post them as I get them done.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea, just bought one ourselves

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    5th) Everything was ready to go, so now I had to trace and write down where every wire went to behind the control panel on all those switches. This was a chore. Spent a good 3 hours doing this to make sure I had them all rights as I was disconnecting every wire to pull all the switches in the new panel.
    Attachment 3903Attachment 3904
    This is everything I got in to do the job. I decided too, to run all new wires just for the sensors. That way if I may have wanted to go back to the old way I could.

6th) Well this is what my panel looks like now after all the switches and new SeeLevel panel in it. It's made out of aluminum and fit was beautiful.
    Attachment 3905

Now to get under the camper and start installing the sensors tomorrow and wiring all that up.
    This is a GREAT mod (and you've done some impressive work making it look really profession) and something I have to do one of these days.

Question for you though - did you run separate wires for each panel (main and in the wet area) directly from the sensors or did you go from the wiring running to the main panel to the wet area? Since the existing wiring can be re-used I'm assuming going from one panel to the other would be the 'easy' way to do this, but maybe not the best.

Also - does anyone know how 'tall' the tanks are in the 355th and where the sensors might be located. I'd rather have some vague idea rather than have to drop the whole underside.

Thx
    - Mike
    Mike K
    2014 Momentum 355TH
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4, 6.7L Duramax Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    This is a GREAT mod (and you've done some impressive work making it look really profession) and something I have to do one of these days.

Question for you though - did you run separate wires for each panel (main and in the wet area) directly from the sensors or did you go from the wiring running to the main panel to the wet area? Since the existing wiring can be re-used I'm assuming going from one panel to the other would be the 'easy' way to do this, but maybe not the best.

Also - does anyone know how 'tall' the tanks are in the 355th and where the sensors might be located. I'd rather have some vague idea rather than have to drop the whole underside.

Thx
    - Mike
    Mike,

I ran the new wire from the main SeeLevel panel down the wall into the basement behind the wall. Then ran a wire from the wetbay SeeLevel to the wire that came down the wall, splice all three wires together and then ran the third wire down into the underbelly which attached to the first sensor and so on. The SeeLevel only uses two wires.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two wires per tank and not two total, correct?

Er - wait, I just went to the site and watched their video. Pretty cool it's two wires and difference on the sensor settings.....
    Mike K
    2014 Momentum 355TH
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4, 6.7L Duramax Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the new panel with the cut-outs and lettering? How detailed of a drawing did you give?
    Dale & Penny Kennedy
    Central California

2016 Grand Design Solitude 321 RL #5754
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Modding Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek20 View Post
    Where did you get the new panel with the cut-outs and lettering? How detailed of a drawing did you give?
    Front Panel Express. You download their program to your computer and draw up the exact specs yourself. The exact specs on the switches, displays and screw holes are key. Once you have everything you want done, you uploaded to there checkout and pay for it. And in about 3 weeks, you have a new panel you created by you with your layout. If your cutouts are not lined up, or words not in the right spot, it's on you and not them, because you did it all. Pretty good deal for one off panels though. Program is a bit difficult to learn at first, but once I got it, it's a good tool to use when needing to build different panels for projects around the house.

Depending on someone's time frame, and my work schedule, I could help create a panel for someone for a fee if interested.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456