User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting from UVW to GVWR in a 310GK or 344GK

As I read through GD's specs on hitch weight, I'm trying to figure out what folks put in to get from UVW to GVWR in the trailer for a given use case - in our case maybe 2-3 month long trips east coast to near west coast in a year with possible extended stays near our adult children, some dry camping maybe.

For the 344/310 as an example, what are the big hits to get it from 12600/12100 UVW to 16800/15000 GVWR (aside from options, personal items, and full tanks)? Blocks, chocks, hoses, some tools, necessary accesories, food, clothes dishes, books, laptop, etc. Wouldn't plan on provisioning food for a month or clothes for the same timeframe. Just having a hard time seeing what gets up 4200/2900 lbs for the two of us. The 1300 lb difference between the two seemed high to me.

Does GD offer details on option weight anywhere (the factory did tell me the weight of the Onan is 220 lbs)? But washer dryer? Awning toppers? Heat pump A/C upgrade (pros/cons)? Factory solar install? Pull-out kitchen? Haven't made any decisions on any options other then King bed and awning toppers.

As far as the truck goes, just my wife and myself, 32 gal. fuel, 2.5 gal DEF, water, coffee - not much else - hitch type TBD (5th wheel or goose).

Both of us retiring next July latest and want to order a Solitude that works for us. We almost walked off a lot with a 344GK-R (which had the King, awning toppers, and heat pump Thursday but couldn't pull the trigger without doing a lot more research - price was a bit high also given 2020 and build date. Hoping some can provide guidance as this seems to be a well informed an personable group of folks.

TIA,
    John & Robin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We weighed our set up nearly empty, maybe 200’ish pounds of gear (no water, etc.) and the trailer came in at 13,440; that gives you a rough idea how much my options weigh on top of the base model (the advertised weight)

Fully loaded (clothes, food, 30g water, etc) we weighed again and now we’re up to 14,180; I keep the portable gen, compressor, some tools in the truck.

The biggest thing is water; if I had a full water tank, we’d be very close to max; if that was the case, I’d move some stuff into the truck

FYI, a year ago we really liked the 375RES but learned that even with all that storage capacity, the cargo carrying capacity is actually less than the 310 (both with 7K axles)
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone