Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 265bh pricing.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Can you confirm what actual delivered tongue weight is on your vehicle? GD website says 600 but I think 800-850 is where it will end up after living in it. Have you towed with it yet? How did it feel- Balanced just right? or heavy towards front or back? Little nervous about 32.9ft.... initial search was 23-28ft, but we will take the 265bh as is if it tows well.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    I haven’t hit the scales yet but dealer had some way of measuring and said it was right at 700 but that was without the hitch. I think your estimate is accurate.

I have towed it about 100 miles. It felt a little heavy towards the rear. I want to get some additional weight in the front to see if it helps with balancing it out a little better. It wasn’t bad or anything just not where I want it to be.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the lowest price anywhere near west coast on rvtrader for 265bh was 30k. Covid is resulting on prices going up every month and 265bhs are popular, they are all being sold before hitting lot, many weeks in advance.

I needed one now.

Bought both xplor 265bh and xls 24mpr for 66,250 combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

265bh pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Well, the lowest price anywhere near west coast on rvtrader for 265bh was 30k. Covid is resulting on prices going up every month and 265bhs are popular, they are all being sold before hitting lot, many weeks in advance.

I needed one now.

Bought both xplor 265bh and xls 24mpr for 66,250 combined.

How are you liking the 265bh? MSRP on it is now $42k. Were you right about the tongue weight? How’s it tow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are picking ours up on Friday. I was worried about the tongue weight as it is listed at around 650ish, and I think that is without propane and battery. I currently have a Recurve R3 600 which is for a 600-800lb tongue weight. Didn’t feel comfortable with those bars being so close so talked the dealer to to throwing in some R3 1000 bars to be safe. It is a long camper for a 1/2 ton but I think we can manage. Price wise we got out the door at just under $41k, sales price was $38k I believe. That’s in VA....seems like the price is varying somewhat across the country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLDO View Post
    We are picking ours up on Friday. I was worried about the tongue weight as it is listed at around 650ish, and I think that is without propane and battery. I currently have a Recurve R3 600 which is for a 600-800lb tongue weight. Didn’t feel comfortable with those bars being so close so talked the dealer to to throwing in some R3 1000 bars to be safe. It is a long camper for a 1/2 ton but I think we can manage. Price wise we got out the door at just under $41k, sales price was $38k I believe. That’s in VA....seems like the price is varying somewhat across the country.

Do you know what weight the bunks are rated for in it? The one at the dealer we looked at didn’t have a sticker on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I Did It All RV View Post
    Do you know what weight the bunks are rated for in it? The one at the dealer we looked at didn’t have a sticker on it.

Never gave it much thought as my kids don’t weigh that much. I believe it’s 1/2 inch OSB in them, so I wouldn’t let a hefty person sleep there but if your under 250ish lbs you should be fine I would think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I Did It All RV View Post

I emailed Grand Design and received this response:

"Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Grand Design. The weight limits for the Transcend XPLOR 265BH are 300 lbs. for the upper bunk and 500 lbs. for the lower bunk. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

We are glad to have you as a member of the Grand Design family!

Tim"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDAXTwo View Post
    I emailed Grand Design and received this response:

"Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Grand Design. The weight limits for the Transcend XPLOR 265BH are 300 lbs. for the upper bunk and 500 lbs. for the lower bunk. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

We are glad to have you as a member of the Grand Design family!

Tim"
    500lbs? Good lord....they planned that lower bunk for someone that likes tacos.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarinersDoItDeeper View Post
    500lbs? Good lord....they planned that lower bunk for someone that likes tacos.

Some of these kids here in south texas are huge. No joke there are like 5 year olds walking around that weight at least 100 lbs and I’m not joking

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffrat361 View Post
    Some of these kids here in south texas are huge. No joke there are like 5 year olds walking around that weight at least 100 lbs and I’m not joking

Where at in Texas? I lived in Beeville for 3 years back when there was a Navy Air Base (training command) there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast