Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booth Seating for the 310GK

Hi,
    We are looking into upgrading to the Solitude 310GK. As nice as it is... there is limited storage. Has anyone installed booth seating in the dining area.

Thanks much for your thoughts.
    Anne

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have seen units with booths and they feel too confined with the back of the booth up next to the arm of the theater seats. What we did, instead, was to replace the chairs with two storage ottomans. They hold as much as the booth would and, as an added bonus, they are much more comfortable on our backsides to sit on. My wife spends hours on them sewing. We ordered them from Target to get the dimensions and style we wanted. This photo is with just the first one in place... we were trying the concept to see if we liked it. We did and ordered the second one. The chairs are now in our climate controlled storage unit (though I don't know why).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200328_1557 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	28519

Rob

Edit: I even rotated the file 90 degrees right and it's still showing up this way - it's a forum issue.
    Last edited by Second Chance; 08-02-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All better.....

Name:	20200328_1557 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	28520

just not sure you can't click on it to make it larger.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob for responding. The ottomans look really good but I can't use them as a seat as I need back support. I will keep it in mind though.

Appreciate it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booth Pics

Hi,
    I prefer the booth dinette, but all the models on the lots were standard chair dinettes. We looked into ordering with the booth, and it would be a $370 option. It has to be ordered at the time you place the build order - we were told it would be difficult, maybe impossible, to order it for dealer installation. This was after talks with dealer salespersons and an individual from the Grand Design Solitude line. We decided to stick with the chairs and if we change our minds later we will deal with it then. I've attached pics with the two colors that I found after some internet digging. BTW, the 310GK has LOADS of storage available and the booths don't have a door/drawer on them. It looks like you have to remove the back cushion then the bench cushion...that is how the Reflection booth storage was accessed.

Cindy

Name:	booth dinette.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	28548

Name:	LinenBooth.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	28549
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the blatant TJ, but anyone know if that stuff will fit (removing 2 of the 4 chairs) in a 351M? I have NO IDEA why booths have gone totally "out of style" in RV's, but I love them, it's a great place to sit and work on the computer and have my coffee. I really don't need a 4 seater couch for 2 people, and, also, we don't watch much TV anyway. I'd love to replace 2 of my 4 chairs with a booth like you have!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cindy,
    I see your in a 2930rl-R. Do you happen to know what is the difference between the RL units and the GK units? Also... do you like the closet space for two people?

Thanks !!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa100a View Post
    Hi Cindy,
    I see your in a 2930rl-R. Do you happen to know what is the difference between the RL units and the GK units? Also... do you like the closet space for two people?

Thanks !!
    Hi Alexa -
    There is a LOT of discussion on just that topic here. To see all the hits, put " 310gk or 2930rl" in the Search Bar above and you will see many forum threads asking the same question. The closet vs the front window, the night stands vs the night boards, small bath linen vs larger bath linen closet, televator with window behind it or fixed living room tv, bigger cooktop/regular RV stove are the main details. The S-Series doesn't have the exact same fit and finish of the Solitude line. It's like a Solitude Lite and we went with it because it was a bit shorter, lighter, and we liked the night stands and the size of the bathroom. We don't full time and don't have to carry our entire clothes closet with us, so the wardrobe on the Schwintek slide was sufficient. The 310GK definitely has quite a bit MORE storage space in the bedroom.

Cindy
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Cindy... this is so helpful.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the GD Solitude 310GK 2024 MY they are adding the Booth Dinette option back. This was recently confirmed with the factory rep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast