Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awning

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning

Have 2017 307 MK Awning only clicks when push button. It opened fine, But trying to close only here click at motor/ What is my next step to fix this problem

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoogy1111 View Post
    Have 2017 307 MK Awning only clicks when push button. It opened fine, But trying to close only here click at motor/ What is my next step to fix this problem
    I had the same problem. I rigged the awning so it would stay in place with a rope across the trailer and tied off. Removed the motor. Dissembled the motor. There is a solid bushing/bearing between the motor and the relay on the back of the assembly. Water had gotten in there and rusted it to the steel housing. I polished the metal housing and the bushing. Then I coated it with waterproof grease since grease repels water. Re-assembled and all worked well. I don't think I will ever have this problem again on this awning. Will expect to do it on the other one later. I figured, I had nothing to loose by taking it apart because a new motor was so expensive. All dealership wants to do is replace motor.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    I had the same problem. I rigged the awning so it would stay in place with a rope across the trailer and tied off. Removed the motor. Dissembled the motor. There is a solid bushing/bearing between the motor and the relay on the back of the assembly. Water had gotten in there and rusted it to the steel housing. I polished the metal housing and the bushing. Then I coated it with waterproof grease since grease repels water. Re-assembled and all worked well. I don't think I will ever have this problem again on this awning. Will expect to do it on the other one later. I figured, I had nothing to loose by taking it apart because a new motor was so expensive. All dealership wants to do is replace motor.
    I love that you actually repaired it. That's rare anymore as everything this day and age is R&R. Even cars are going that way with everything electronically controlled you find where the problem is, take the unite out and replace it. You don't repair it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you tell me how you did it or is there videos on it?
    Thanks for info. Glad you got yours fixed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me how you did it or is there videos on it?
    Thanks for info. Glad you got yours fixed.
    If the awning is retracted it is not that hard. Just tie it off so it doesn't fall. Drill out 3 rivets and remove one bolt. The motor just unplugs. I would add, You need to be mechanically inclined. You will need a helper.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My awning is out. Is there a spring inside to worry about

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My awning is out. Is there a spring inside to worry about
    YES. on the opposite end there is a hole that lines up with the spring to lock it in place. Use a stiff piece of wire or a punch to insert in the hole. If it is extended you are going to have to rig something to keep the motor side from falling once you remove the motor.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem here, going to take mine apart this weekend. Do you have pics of where the corrosion was so I know what to look for?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered new motor. Back ordered. hope it comes in soon. Camp ground closes in 5 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast