Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interference while on antenna

Morning,
    Own a 2019 Reflection 303RLS,

Does anyone know what I can do to stop the AC from interfering with TV reception while on antenna?

TV Selected to Antenna, Power Booster on for antenna, doesn’t matter whether I use coach ac or bedroom, tv breaks up completely

Any help would be greatly appreciated, in Private Campground in Bat Harbor Maine
    Jimmy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I would try is to hunt down as many coax connections as you can find and make sure they are tight.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    First thing I would try is to hunt down as many coax connections as you can find and make sure they are tight.
    ^^^^This... Any loose connection(s) will cause this. EVERY trailer I have helped sort out cable/antenna issues has had loose connections. Check behind every wall plate (bulk head connectors) and look for several slitters hidden behind plates in lots of locations.

Edit: Also look for bad install of connectors on the cables.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 08-03-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by James Callahan View Post
    Morning,
    Own a 2019 Reflection 303RLS,

Does anyone know what I can do to stop the AC from interfering with TV reception while on antenna?

TV Selected to Antenna, Power Booster on for antenna, doesn’t matter whether I use coach ac or bedroom, tv breaks up completely

Any help would be greatly appreciated, in Private Campground in Bat Harbor Maine
    Jimmy
    I will start searching today for any and all loose connections, thanks for the advice

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will start searching today for any and all loose connections, thanks for the advice
    I haven't noticed interference from the air conditioner but our bathroom fan will wipe out many stations on our TV. I've checked all connections, no joy.

Others with similar problems have resolved them by installing ferrite chokes on the wires feeding the interfering devices, so I bought a bunch. They have not given me any noticeable improvement so far since they're still in my toolkit, but I expect that they will help someday when I install them.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ferrite+c...nb_sb_ss_i_1_7

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I haven't noticed interference from the air conditioner but our bathroom fan will wipe out many stations on our TV. I've checked all connections, no joy.

Others with similar problems have resolved them by installing ferrite chokes on the wires feeding the interfering devices, so I bought a bunch. They have not given me any noticeable improvement so far since they're still in my toolkit, but I expect that they will help someday when I install them.

Good luck.
    Same here. Locally, here in Southern California, the bathroom fan will knock out channel 7. No issues with other fans or A/Cs
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chocked

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

Good luck.
    What are ferrite chokes?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are ferrite chokes?
    Look at the Amazon link in my post above.

They are formed blocks of ferrite (mostly iron) with a hollow center. Running an electrical wire through the center of the choke, then wrapping it back around the choke and through the center again at least once, significantly reduces the wire's ability to pick up or emit the electromagnetic waves that cause interference.

While you're up looking at the wires for your air conditioner, also check to ensure that all electrical connections are tight and well-made, no bits sticking out.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 08-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch