User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical issues in my Imagine 2970RL

So I'm having electrical issues with my kit/bedroom lighting. None of these lights work. Lights in the main cabin and bathroom do. I checked the fuses, checked the fuses on the converter, even checked the 2amp fuse for the awning lights, as it doesn't work either. Breakers and fuses are fine, where do I go next? Totally at a loss, any help would be awesome!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess a wire has come loose from a connection. Either on +12V or 12V Return.
    On the back side of the switch panel +12V is piggy backed between several switches, so could have a spade connector loose.
    There's a lot of 12V return wires in a big wire nut behind the switch panel to check for a loose wire.
    Or one of the crimp connections feeding the light circuit might have a loose wire.

One of klenger's drawings from a different trailer for lights, it won't be what you have, just give an idea of how things are wired.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...7RSTS-Diagrams
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 297RSTS Lighting.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gene, for the info. I went back over everything, and I couldn't find anything loose. Checked all connectors, and just to be thorough, rechecked fuses etc. and everything seems okay. Just don't know what I'm missing! But, thanks again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tain3401 View Post
    So I'm having electrical issues with my kit/bedroom lighting. None of these lights work. Lights in the main cabin and bathroom do. I checked the fuses, checked the fuses on the converter, even checked the 2amp fuse for the awning lights, as it doesn't work either. Breakers and fuses are fine, where do I go next? Totally at a loss, any help would be awesome!
    Also check behind the fuse panel. That's where we found our awning lights and about 4 other inline fuse holders that control various things inside our solitude. I don't understand why grand design put in line fuses behind the main fuse panel when I have blank spaces for more fuses on the Built-in fuse panel..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks M.J. That was one of the 1st things I did, after checking the fuses in the fuse box. But the only thing I found, was the 2amp fuse, behind the control panel, for the awning lights. My fuse box has a bunch of open spaces as well, not sure why GD would put in inline fuses. Other than perhaps they want people to take these problems to dealers or something. I appreciate your trying to help, thanks a lot!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked behind the switch panel. I think they made a bad crimp on a spad connector.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked behind the control panel, and everything seemed right, but I will go over it again. I did notice, that the holder for the 2amp fuse, was messed up. Had a heck of a time, getting the fuse out, even worse trying to get it back in! The 2 clamps were opposite of each other, and offset, hard to get it back in. So I will throughly go over each crimp, just to be sure. Thanks for the info, maybe this time it'll work out!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tain3401 View Post
    I have looked behind the control panel, and everything seemed right, but I will go over it again. I did notice, that the holder for the 2amp fuse, was messed up. Had a heck of a time, getting the fuse out, even worse trying to get it back in! The 2 clamps were opposite of each other, and offset, hard to get it back in. So I will throughly go over each crimp, just to be sure. Thanks for the info, maybe this time it'll work out!!
    It's going to be something simple. I have found so much halfa**ed work in the electrical system, makes you wonder where they find these people. Also look behind the wall switches because they cram 2 wires into a spade connector that is designed for one wire to feed another room or set of lights.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You pretty much have to do a continuity check on fuses a lot of times. Just looking at them doesn't always work and they can have bad connections in the fuse holder itself. Hopefully you can get a meter on each side of the fuse while it is still plugged in (some have time holes for testing on the top of the fuse).

And don't forget to check the ground side of things too. There could be a loose or bad connection there someplace.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thank everyone for your input! The more I read, and look at this stuff, the more scared I become, lol. Still haven't found the problem, and right now, dealing with this hurricane/tropical storm, so will have to wait. Electric in these things, I agree.... who does this stuff. Was told that one person's problem with bedroom lights, was a bad gfi outlet for the refrigerator! They ran wiring from that outlet to the bedroom! Also heard that GD allows each installer to run wiring as they choose. Pretty messed up! Thanks again everyone, will let ya know how I make out!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast