Hey everyone. We got our 2020 2400BH back in early April. Noticed a couple of week ago that it seemed like the gas water heater wasn't kicking on. Then once I saw it actually shoot flames out the back. Decided I'd have a look at it, so I turned it on over the weekend (first time since) and it primed and caught the pilot, but also had flames coming out of the vent area just back from the pilot.

This appears to have melted some wires above it, and now even the electric water heater won't work. Assuming that it took out the tstat cord or something. We've got a call into Grand Design, I'm assuming this is warranty service. But we are supposed to camp the next three weekends and currently have no hot water. Ideas for a quick fix for the electric until they can get it in for the gas one?

For reference, the fire was coming out where the green circle is, and the arrow points at the wires that are melted. The time I saw fire shoot out the back it came from the yellow circle, I believe. Makes me pretty nervous, honestly. All I did was flip the switch and this is what happened. Did I miss something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-03 140024.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	28532