Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxair II on Momentum 351

Hello

I’m picking up a new 351M in less than 2 weeks and the selling dealerships is recommending maxair II on all 3 roof vents. 2 of which are rain sensing air excel power fans. I’ve never put covers on these types of fan vents before. Does anyone see any benefit or have you done it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive always preferred putting covers over the vents. That way you can run the fans in the rain rather than close them. And since they are covered you don't worry if it rains while you are away and the rain starts.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your trailer spends much time in the sun, you will find the plastic vent caps that come on the Maxxaire vents or fans don't last too long. The downside is these vents will not open as far as without the covers. But, I would not be without them. Always a chance the rain sensor might not work and your get a good dose of rain in the trailer.

I am amazed at how thin the new Maxxaire covers are compared to years ago. Very flimsy but still I feel they will prevent deterioration of the caps that come with the fan. homedepot.com has the best prices I could find.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks forthe info - like i said ive never done the rain ssensing covers before. i guess i will have to rethink it. lol

this dealer wants $358 installed.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Poutine View Post
    ok thanks forthe info - like i said ive never done the rain ssensing covers before. i guess i will have to rethink it. lol

this dealer wants $358 installed.
    ouch!! Those only cost about $50 each. If you even have some basic handyman skills you may want to install them yourself. Maybe get a friend to help if you can't do it. But they are pretty simple to install; and maybe you don't need one on every vent. And you can probably find them cheaper than $50 each.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    ouch!! Those only cost about $50 each. If you even have some basic handyman skills you may want to install them yourself. Maybe get a friend to help if you can't do it. But they are pretty simple to install; and maybe you don't need one on every vent. And you can probably find them cheaper than $50 each.
    yeah i thought it was spendy to. they are around 75 bucks each up here in Canada...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 351M. I always use the Maxxair fanmate ezclip covers. Two of the fans come made for the ezclip. All you do is set the cover on and push in the 4 clips, about 30 seconds for install. The 3rd one you will need to add the mounts maybe 20-30 mins. for install. Another good thing about the ezclip you pull 2 pins and it will open up for cleaning if needed.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    I just purchased a 351M. I always use the Maxxair fanmate ezclip covers. Two of the fans come made for the ezclip. All you do is set the cover on and push in the 4 clips, about 30 seconds for install. The 3rd one you will need to add the mounts maybe 20-30 mins. for install. Another good thing about the ezclip you pull 2 pins and it will open up for cleaning if needed.
    interesting thanks - they look to be anywhere from 89-100 Canadian.

so im assuming my two max fans will have the clips already on the fan shroud on the unit? ill have to get up on the roof and check after delivery. still at 100 per unit, its 58 bucks more to have them installed...lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mounting "eyes" (what the cover's clips go through) on the Maxxair flange may be covered up with the self leveling caulk. You will see all 4 of them sticking up, but you may have to carefully remove the caulk to get to them. As said above, it only takes a few minutes to install. I went with the black to match the other stuff on top of the trailer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased mine for $54.00 ea with free shipping @ rvpartspro on Ebay, but I know they would be higher where you live.
    Last edited by Cannon07; 08-03-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast