User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple rv internet

Is there such a thing? We would like to do more traveling and I have a job where I can work from anywhere that I have decent reliable internet but haven’t found a way to get there. I thought the Togo antenna and AT&T plan were going to be my answer until they pulled their unlimited plan. I know there are prolly numerous threads about this subject and I apologize for asking people to rehash any old info but most of the ones I read are way over my head on a technical level and I don’t understand all of the mofo, myfi lingo.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is no easy way to get reliable fast enough internet for work without either learning all the stuff you don't yet understand or paying your phone carrier a crazy amount of money for the data you need. There are some spots that getting any signal can be a challenge and won't happen simply.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right but I can’t believe that some internet company cannot see the value in doing something like this. I understand in a lot of cases internet and tv takes a back seat to nature but still with rv sales only going up there has to be a market.
    Pete & Betty
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping https://www.starlink.com/ will be the answer!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at this and tried to get info but it was looking for a service address which would not be the same.
    Pete & Betty
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did sign up for more info, hopefully get in on some beta testing.
    Pete & Betty
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall reading in the last couple days someone was talking up BIX and an LTE modem with WIFI. Do a search for these recent internet threads and you'll likely find it.

I found it....Look at post #35 at the end and see if that would work for you? Better than the bazillion dollars Overtaxed wants you to spend.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-03-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple?

Buy this:
    https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

And this:
    https://www.mobilemusthave.com/ATT-U...ter-_p_25.html

Cost you about 2K/yr, and you'll have unlimited data and a very simple setup.

Getting unlimited is "easy", it's the paying for it that's hard. The loss of the Togo plans is a big hit, to get what cost 350 dollars is now a WHOLE lot more. Personally, for me, I'm a VZ customer and I can add a device to my plan for almost nothing (10/mo). So, once my Togo plan is gone, that's what I'm going to do, move over to VZ, upgrade my plan and get the "bigger" data package and see how that works out. I can probably make due with that and I'll save me significant $$ compared to what I was paying for the Togo. But if you need real "unlimited" your only options are going to be in the 1.5-2K+/yr range.

And you didn't even say the magic words. If you want highly reliable cellular data.. Oh boy, pull out the checkbook. A dual SIM setup with 2 unlimited data plans ripping away.. It's doable, and it will get you great service, but it's going to be 1000's per year to do that.

So, backing this up a bit, what are you using it for and how important is cost? If you're checking e-mail and browsing the web, that's very different than streaming TV and working from the RV for a living. And if cost doesn't matter, just get 2 real unlimited SIMs, a dual carrier modem and rip it up.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if I could work I could do without tv and streaming but being able to work is needed and not at costing huge dollars. Right now not full timing it so even a decent hotspot might work if I can get reasonable data. Anyone looked at skyroam?
    Pete & Betty
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to check into these folks https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/

They do the research and testing to validate the claims. The 'hosts' have over 10 years experience of full time road work in technology.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast