Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering GD Solitude

Wife and I currently own another Fifth wheel SOB but looked at the Solitude 366DEN. Have only seen pictures but my wife fell in love with the floorplan. Wanted to say hello and read comments about GD.
    2014 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
    Current SOB fifth wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here. Great folks, great units, and a great company.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncrzrbk View Post
    Wife and I currently own another Fifth wheel SOB but looked at the Solitude 366DEN. Have only seen pictures but my wife fell in love with the floorplan. Wanted to say hello and read comments about GD.
    Welcome! Let me start by saying that Grand Design is a company and product that is second to none IMO. The 366DEN does have a cool floor plan. I was looking at it as well. The thing that bugs me about it is, of all the Solitudes, it is the heaviest at 14,250 dry and has the least amount of payload at 1,750. You might also want to check the capacity numbers for your truck just to make sure you can safely tow it. A rig like that may require a dually but check the numbers to make sure. If you plan on living in it, then the payload limits may not be a concern but for doing a lot of traveling, I would be worried about not being able to carry enough "stuff" and stay within the GVWR limits.

Good luck with your search.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design gets my vote almost all the time. Can't compair many units to the quality I seen in the GD. Welcome to the forum and I hope you become part of the Grand Design family.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    Welcome! Let me start by saying that Grand Design is a company and product that is second to none IMO. The 366DEN does have a cool floor plan. I was looking at it as well. The thing that bugs me about it is, of all the Solitudes, it is the heaviest at 14,250 dry and has the least amount of payload at 1,750. You might also want to check the capacity numbers for your truck just to make sure you can safely tow it. A rig like that may require a dually but check the numbers to make sure. If you plan on living in it, then the payload limits may not be a concern but for doing a lot of traveling, I would be worried about not being able to carry enough "stuff" and stay within the GVWR limits.

Good luck with your search.
    Thank you for the information. My truck has a GCVWR of 25k with a payload of #4400. If the trailer loaded to capacity of 16k. Using 20% of pin weight, I would be at #3200.
    GCWR is 12,300. Based on my fifth wheel ST calculations, I should be ok as long as my estimates are good. Guess you never really know for sure until you weigh.

Thanks for all the welcomes. Looking forward to learning more about the Brand!!
    2014 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
    Current SOB fifth wheel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Ncrzrbk! We have owned our Solitude for right at 2 years and have never regretted buying a Grand Design product. We love or Solitude and can't wait till our next trip in it.

Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you mean now about the GVWR of the 366. That doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room with payload. Curious though, the trailer has 7k axles and considering the 20% rule for hitch weight, seems like the 16k is a little low. Makes you wonder if the weakest link is tires. I believe it's stated they use ST 235/80/16. Which probably has a weight rating of around 3500# at 80psi.
    2014 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
    Current SOB fifth wheel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve and Cill View Post
    Welcome to the forum Ncrzrbk! We have owned our Solitude for right at 2 years and have never regretted buying a Grand Design product. We love or Solitude and can't wait till our next trip in it.

Steve
    Thank you!! We loved the other models we have looked at as far as fit and finish. We still have boys at home that go with us. The floorplan on the 366 or 365 would work perfect for our current needs vs a bunkhouse that we currently have. It would also be perfect for when it's the wife and I.
    2014 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
    Current SOB fifth wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 379 pulled with a 2014 Ram, DRW. it doesn't cause any problems
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncrzrbk View Post
    We ot to see the 366 DEN at the Tampa RV show and it is fantastic! It was getting a lot of attentiion while we hung around the Grand Design area.
    We have have had our 369 for over a year and absolutely love it! One thing for sure is I think youwould have to look high and low to find the support tha GD provides AFTER the sale!
    Good luck with your choice!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast