Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Level Up 6-point misbehaving ?

Pardon my ignorance -- front hydraulic jacks now operating independently instead of in tandem, as with first three setups. Happening in auto and manual mode. TIA for any experienced guidance.
    Last edited by JOHN&DONNAQ; 08-03-2020 at 05:23 PM. Reason: missing content
    John & Donna, with Molly, the wonder dog
    Fort Worth, TX
    2021 Solitude ST390RKR
    2016 F350, 6.7 Powerstroke, CC, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN&DONNAQ View Post
    Pardon my ignorance -- front hydraulic jacks now operating independently instead of in tandem, as with first three setups. Happening in auto and manual mode. TIA for any experienced guidance.
    First welcome to the group. There are a lot of very good (and experienced) people here that treat everyone with respect. I have learned a LOT here and try to give back as I can.

Not sure exactly what you mean by " with first three setups". On the same trailer?

On our Solitude 310GK (6 pt hydraulic jacks), for hooking up/unhooking all of the jacks drop (and raise) one at a time. Once grounded they work together for front-to-rear and side-to-side leveling. When unhooking, our curb side front jack (landing gear) will go from fully retracted to the ground. Then the street side front jack will drop, but only after the curb side front has a little (not full) weight on it. Once both front jacks are grounded, then I can life the trailer off of the truck. Similar for the stabilizer jacks on "auto-level". They ground one at a time then it does the bow-and-wave to level.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 08-03-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris - 'three setups' refers to the times we unhitched, leveled our 390RK. Both jacks had worked as one (both left and right), in auto and manual mode. During these times, when 'left' or 'right' button was pushed at same time as 'front', in manual mode, that jack would engage in retract and extend. The front jacks now work independently in all modes.
    Fort Worth, TX
    2021 Solitude ST390RKR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand your concern correctly, It is not unusual for the front jacks to lower or raise independently when not under load. One solenoid valve feeds both front jacks. The one offering the least internal resistance will drop first and when it grounds the pressure will then allow the other side to drop. when they are both under load the pressure equalizes and up goes the trailer. The exact reverse happens when you lower onto your hitch. When the load is off, one jack may go all the way up before the other raises.
    Pretty much the same process for the two right side rears and the two left side rears. Under no load, the one that moves easiest will move first.
    I hope that was the answer to your question.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with what has been said, but will say it again slightly differently to try to make it clear.

I will use manual mode as the example. If I push FRONT, only one leg at a time will lower (for me, it always seems to be the curb side first) until it hits the ground; then the other side will begin. The two legs have NEVER moved in tandem for me, has been one leg at a time. The one FRONT button will lower both legs, just one at a time. Same phenomenon as the two large hydraulic (facing) kitchen slides; one button, one moves at a time.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I totally agree with what has been said, but will say it again slightly differently to try to make it clear.

I will use manual mode as the example. If I push FRONT, only one leg at a time will lower (for me, it always seems to be the curb side first) until it hits the ground; then the other side will begin. The two legs have NEVER moved in tandem for me, has been one leg at a time. The one FRONT button will lower both legs, just one at a time. Same phenomenon as the two large hydraulic (facing) kitchen slides; one button, one moves at a time.
    This is exactly how mine works as well. It's a little weird not being able to see the curbside landing gear going up as the street side goes up first after hitching up but you can hear the sound of the pump change when it's fully up.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for sharing your experience. Be safe out there!
    Fort Worth, TX
    2021 Solitude ST390RKR

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN&DONNAQ View Post
    Thanks Chris - 'three setups' refers to the times we unhitched, leveled our 390RK. Both jacks had worked as one (both left and right), in auto and manual mode. During these times, when 'left' or 'right' button was pushed at same time as 'front', in manual mode, that jack would engage in retract and extend. The front jacks now work independently in all modes.
    I don't think the system is supposed to have more then 1 button pushed at a time.
    Retract can be selected or not.
    Front will do the fronts.
    Rear will do all the back 4 jacks.
    Left or right will do the 3 on the side selected.

I get the rig off the hitch and pull forward. Then I push auto-level.

When hitching; I lift the backs partway up. I set the front manually to close to hitch height and back under to hitch. Once hitched, I push the top button till the screen says auto-retract. Push enter and all go up. Don't forget to pull the wheel chocks. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021