User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mine has 3 holes, so mine is set in the middle hole.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else going away for the "Holiday weekend"?

Yes. A short trip too, but any trip is a good one, just glad to get away. We're going to a new (to us) place, Suwanee River Rendezvous. Almost two hours NW of us. Planning on doing some kayaking, weather lady says low 30's to a high around 50, so we'll see. We're going Fri - Mon.
    I thought hard about the Anderson hitch when we bought our rig, just couldn't find anybody with experience using it to say if it was good. I didn't want to be the guinnie pig, since I was new to the 5th wheel world. Glad there is some positive feedback on it, and hope it works out great for you. Have a great trip!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well we had an easy 1 hour drive to our camp site and the hitch was awesome! I already have a Mor/ryde so I wasn't expecting much difference but I was mistaken. It was so comfortable. Zero bucking even over bad sections of the highway. I was very impressed. Had a slight problem with it though when I arrived. Even though we are on perfect concrete pads the ball would not release from the hitch no matter what I tried. I have the model that attaches to the existing rails from my previous hitch so I merely pulled the pins and lifted the entire hitch out. I think it;s all resolved now though as the steel shank that traps the ball wasn't retracting all the way. A minor adjustment and all seems to be well now.

But here is what I really want to report and I'm certain grand Design owners will love this because one of the major factors for us is the customer support GD is know for. I called the 800 number for Andersen and they immediately got me in direct communication with someone who could help me on the spot. Very helpful guys. I think I was speaking to the owner actually. Anyway, here we are for the next few days.

My buddies Montana High Country is right next to us (that's his new Ford F350) and our other friends will be here tomorrow. I guess some people still have jobs

BTW, it was 85 degrees when we arrived at noon and we are about a mile from the beach! Yikes. We can't believe it February with our weather down here in San Diego.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

nguyenbio
    Man I am jealous! The rig is getting a second air put in and some warranty items done. We won't be out till spring break down in Pirates Cove Resort in Needles!

Tomorrow, the family is going on a cruise to Mexico instead. The kids still think we are going camping. It's a toss up between camping and the cruise. I'd have to say camping!

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAN !!! I sit here at 2 degrees F freezing my tush off ....
    Love the pictures. Have a Happy & Safe Trip.
    I will be enjoying mine in a couple months.
    Good thing about 2015 is DW is now also retired !!!
    Mike & Pat Clawson
    Marty & Bucky (Welsh Corgis)
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS #2813
    Titan Disc Brakes, Liberty Rider Suspension
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride Hitch, 52 Gallon Titan XXL Fuel Tank, Banks Speed Brake, Firestone Air Lift Bags
    http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pst4uyouma.gif

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenbio View Post
    Man I am jealous! The rig is getting a second air put in and some warranty items done. We won't be out till spring break down in Pirates Cove Resort in Needles!

Tomorrow, the family is going on a cruise to Mexico instead. The kids still think we are going camping. It's a toss up between camping and the cruise. I'd have to say camping!

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!

Joe
    Are you planning any river trips in the summer? I'd be interested in hearing how the interior temp holds up with the 2nd a/c.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish we were traveling. However 2 surgeries in 10 days means I am confined to the house for a while longer. Maybe start traveling again in April
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dloase View Post
    Wish we were traveling. However 2 surgeries in 10 days means I am confined to the house for a while longer. Maybe start traveling again in April
    Yikes! Take care of yourself, get a good healing and then you will be out and at it again soon.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you mind sending some of that nice weather over here to the east coast as we are freezing and you are baking in the sun that just seems unfair. Have a great camping trip. Will be back out on the road in about one month from today.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

mandolin57
    [QUOTE=dchrist1733;24942]Would you mind sending some of that nice weather over here to the east coast as we are freezing and you are baking in the sun that just seems unfair.

Amen and Amen!!! We're under a "special weather statement now for snow squalls moving through and a high wind advisory with wind chills. 60 mph wind gusts,and wind chills of 15-25 below 0. UGH!!!!!!!! Hope you all have a great time.....we're hoping for spring soon!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast