User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2019 2670MK Ceiling Light Flickers How to Remove light?

Hello,

I have a problem that is driving me nuts. One of my ceiling lights has started to flicker. I went to remove the lens but it seems to just spin. Then I noticed I can pull down but it is under a ton of pressure and as soon as i release it shoots back up into the ceiling. I think I see some springs???? Is there a process one can follow to remove the light and replace?

As you can imagine the flickering is a pain. It's the light close to the wall near the recliner.

Could really use some help.

Thank You

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're describing the light I think you are, there are two very strong spring-loaded clips. You have to pull the light down far enough to push in on one of those clip arms to clear the hole in the ceiling. I have five of those lights going bad and am having trouble getting the right replacement part from GD. The part seems to be extremely problematic...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you're describing the light I think you are, there are two very strong spring-loaded clips. You have to pull the light down far enough to push in on one of those clip arms to clear the hole in the ceiling. I have five of those lights going bad and am having trouble getting the right replacement part from GD. The part seems to be extremely problematic...

Rob
    Okay I am going to give that a shot for now I am just trying to get this one turned off so I can have the other lights on. I am concerned now with getting a replacement part. I will have to research part number and see what the options are. Thank you for your quick reply.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeAfterWork View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem that is driving me nuts. One of my ceiling lights has started to flicker. I went to remove the lens but it seems to just spin. Then I noticed I can pull down but it is under a ton of pressure and as soon as i release it shoots back up into the ceiling. I think I see some springs???? Is there a process one can follow to remove the light and replace?

As you can imagine the flickering is a pain. It's the light close to the wall near the recliner.

Could really use some help.

Thank You
    I've got about a dozen of these lights (3") in my 310GK in the slide outs and under cabinets. Larger ones (4") are in the ceiling. When ALL the lights are on, the ones over the eating table will flicker. Occasionally, I can turn just one or two lights off (it doesn't seem to matter which ones) and the flickering stops. Occasionally, when they are all on they DON'T flicker. I'm still doing tests to see if some other device is contributing to causing the flickering. The lights are on the same 15 amp circuit. I'm not sure yet if anything else is on the circuit.

4 or 5 of the plastic lenses have cracks in them so I took one apart to get a part number before I ask GD or my dealer to send me some replacement lenses.

Here are pictures of taking the light assembly out of the ceiling. The springs are very strong and you feel like if you keep pulling that the wood above will just rip away. After it is half way out just tip it so you can grab the spring and ease it out. You can see the part number for the assembly - RVR3HN-35

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126-1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	31145

Name:	IMG_3127-1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	31146

Name:	IMG_3128-1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	31147

Name:	IMG_3129-1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	31148

Name:	IMG_3130-1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	31149
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get replacements from Amazon.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD