User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey/black water marks on exterior

Before I start experimenting, I thought I would ask if anyone has a good way to remove the grey water marks that stain the outside of the trailer when it rains and runs off of the roof. I cleaned my roof last year, now I would like to get those grey stripes of my trailer. Any ideas before I start torturing my trailers skin?
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used camco black streak remover. I cannot say if its good for the surface but it seems to take those run off water marks off the trailer sides.

I use it on the front cap too for the bug accumulations when i get a chance to scrub them off.

Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try some wd40 on a rag and wipe. Black marks on my slides come right off.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cleaner wax will take them off, just have to do it by hand, not the spray on wax.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the dollar general store and buy a couple quarts of AWESOME cleaner. It's a buck a quart. Dilute it around 10 parts water to 1 part AWESOME. Use that in a spray bottle along with a soft car washing telescopic brush and a hose to rinse. It is cheap, simple and very effective for the streaking on aluminum and smooth sided campers and RVs.

Pre-Wet surface, spray AWSOME, rub with soft car washing brush, rinse.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/las-awesome-cleaner.html
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was cloudy this morning, a good time to attack the streaks. First I gave it a good wash, then tried the WD-40. It worked about half way. Keep in mind these streaks have been there a while, and may have even been waxed over. Larry's suggestion reminded me I had some Simple Green in the shop. That worked, but I discovered the main thing required was elbow grease! I had to scrub two or three times, removing a little more each time. They are not completely gone, but you cannot see them from ten feet away. Now for a coat of wax and on to the rest of the trailer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications