User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took possession of my 2021 303RLS

This is one nice fifth wheel. I had a little chucking with my Pullrite bringing it home from Northern Ohio. It may need a little break in as on smooth roads it seemed fine. I hit a lot of bumps with road construction. The only issue I had when I got it home was that the glass panel on the fireplace came off in tow but didn’t break. It was laying on the floor. I may find a better way to secure it. I also didn’t realize that the Jenson radio was the only thing wired for play on the ceiling speakers and not the TV. I ordered a budget sound bar and subwoofer for the TV. Has anyone had issues with the rear jacks hitting the ground? I am surprised that they do not fold up or raise higher. Seems like a speed bump or uneven terrain could damage them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFA967F4-40E0-456A-84CD-3539B287301F.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	28567

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pull out that Jenson radio so you can see the backside, (mine has the Furrion), and look for audio inputs. I found the old Left/Right red/white plugs and just bought a patch cable from the TV out to the Radio. Switch radio to AUX, turn down TV volume to 1 (not 0, otherwise no sound comes out audio jacks on my TV). We love to watch movies this way.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    This is one nice fifth wheel. I had a little chucking with my Pullrite bringing it home from Northern Ohio. It may need a little break in as on smooth roads it seemed fine. I hit a lot of bumps with road construction. The only issue I had when I got it home was that the glass panel on the fireplace came off in tow but didn’t break. It was laying on the floor. I may find a better way to secure it. I also didn’t realize that the Jenson radio was the only thing wired for play on the ceiling speakers and not the TV. I ordered a budget sound bar and subwoofer for the TV. Has anyone had issues with the rear jacks hitting the ground? I am surprised that they do not fold up or raise higher. Seems like a speed bump or uneven terrain could damage them.

Congratulations on the new 303 ! There's alot of us 303 fans out there !

Over the years since GDRV started building more and more models with auto leveling systems, a number of folks have shared both pictures and posts of damaged legs/feet due to dragging in less than level situations. Many have raised the legs a bolt hole or two to help.

Hopefully someone who has done this will chime in.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It actually has a 3/8” audio jack on the front of the Jenson which can be run to the TCL smart TV. Not sure why they didn’t run it hardwired. Instead the sales guy says you have to put it on auxiliary and leave the cabinet door open. You actually can play music from the Jenson CD player/radio through the TV speakers which is a bit odd. I have sound bar and subwoofer on order and will put the subwoofer in the cabinet with the DVD player and mount the sound bar behind the TV. There is a hole in the bottom of the cabinet to fish cables which are hidden behind the TV.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Congratulations on the new 303 ! There's alot of us 303 fans out there !

Over the years since GDRV started building more and more models with auto leveling systems, a number of folks have shared both pictures and posts of damaged legs/feet due to dragging in less than level situations. Many have raised the legs a bolt hole or two to help.

Hopefully someone who has done this will chime in.

Dan
    I read the thread on that posted back in 2017. I may go that route. I have a pull-through pole barn and the back jacks drug on the wet ground after a bunch of rain when I pulled it back into the pole barn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice 303 Radcolt, no problems with the jacks hitting on mine. Curious to see how your chucking plays out, I have it as well with my Pullrite superlite 2400 with the puck system.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My #303 is a 2017 model. I was able to raise the rear jacks one notch only otherwise it hits the floor above. Never have hit anything or drug over where it touched however it sure looks low to me still. Repair time to move both sides was about 30-60 minutes. Heavy but easy to do. I think torque was about 60-80# ?? I found some were loose from factory.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2020 303RLS, and mine has a Furion radio. on the back of my TV there are 3 HDMI connections. One of the HDMI sockets is special, it has a return sound or something like that. Anyway there is a HDMI cable from the radio to the TV. On mine it was hooked to the wrong HDMI on the TV. It has to be hooked up to the special HDMI socket. It is a little finicky getting the sound to come through the overhead speakers, but it does work.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on the 303. We have the same unit and love it.
    Never has an issue with the jacks hitting or bottoming out.
    We purchase a Bose sound bar, it is awesome when we do watch movies.

Good Luck and Enjoy
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. We have lippert jacks on our keystone and thought they were too low. We moved them up one bolt. Manufacturer said you just need 6” clearance. We have 12k miles on the rig in 2 years with no issue hitting anything.

We’re shopping for a 303 as well. Local dealership quoted $54k. I think it’s way too high. That’s only 10% off MSRP. Used to paying more like 25-30%+ off. I know there’s a supply issue and demand has peaked. Can you share what you paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast