Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC Beeps When It Reaches Temp

So I can’t figure this out. AC works great... but an annoying thing happens once it reaches Temp on the Thermostat. It beeps once.... then when it kicks off again it does the same thing. We have a 2020 2250RK. Has anyone had this experience?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar experience but slightly different. When my AC reached temp and turned off, I would hear a beep about 20-30 seconds later. I too thought it was the thermostat. I believe it was the fireplace. The way our 2250RK is setup, above the fireplace is a cubby hole with an outlet, stereo and a master switch for the fireplace. There are no markings on this switch so I turned it the opposite way. After I did this, no more beep. Not sure if this is your issue but it helped me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so excited thinking this would do the trick!!! Then I tried it and nope still the beep... after it reaches temp. Sounds like it’s coming from the AC unit in the ceiling.... thanks for the feedback. At least I know what that switch is now.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay you were RIGHT!!! I had thought it did not work. But we are out on a trip and I tried it again and it worked!!! Must have been user error the first time. Glad I went back and gave it another go. So basically when the toggle is to the on position even though the fireplace isn’t on... there must be a power surge. I tried to run both at the same time with the fireplace on and then started the AC. Immediately the fireplace turned off and when the AC temp reached what was on the T-stat and shut off... a few moments later I heard the beep!!! Thanks again for your help!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. Glad it worked out for you. By the way when doing our walk thru at the dealer, I was told that you couldn’t run the fireplace and the AC at the same time. Just the way Grand Design wired it.
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2020 Toyota Tundra

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do those thermostats get fed 24vac? I might replace mine

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed one out on a different trailer a few years ago. If I remember correctly the voltage is 12V DC. You need to find a thermostat designed for RVs (12v). Check out RV thermostat on Amazon.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379