User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indoor internet camera

Looking to see if there is a camera you can sit inside a camper and be able to keep an eye on a dog to see if it’s behaving and being quiet? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarkj View Post
    Looking to see if there is a camera you can sit inside a camper and be able to keep an eye on a dog to see if it’s behaving and being quiet? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    You can try the ring video camera if you have internet access in your camper. Passion Highway has a video of the install on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will have to be able to use a cellular signal, because I would need to use my phone to view the camera.
    Always looking for the perfect site.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For any of the remote viewable security type cameras to work, it will need to be able to connect to the internet. You may have access to wifi at a campground, but it will be spotty and probably won't support realtime video streaming, which is what you will be looking at on your phone. Your other option is to install a lte router, subscribe to a data only plan, install a ring type camera, connect it to your network and then you should be able to view the video stream remotely and even yell at your [emoji240] ( if it is warranted of course)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Anupam&Pallavi
    2021 Grand Design Momentum - 399TH
    2020 F450
    Katy,Texas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaving Pets in Hot Weather (With AC!) https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post165464
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this helps, but I had an older Android phone at home. I downloaded the "Alfred Camera App" on both phones. The older phone became my camera, and my current phone is the viewer. I propped the old phone up in the kitchen and can remotely view it from anywhere.

Obviously, you need an internet connection for both phones.

Works great. Even lets you listen to sound.

All for free.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarkj View Post
    It will have to be able to use a cellular signal, because I would need to use my phone to view the camera.
    What you use to view the signal doesn’t matter. You can see a camera that uses cellular data or wifi from any device with internet access. The area of concern is providing a constant internet connection for the camera while you are gone. A cellular hot-spot is probably the way to do that.

But the simplest and cheapest option may be a cheap cell phone that can run an app to give you live video. It has a camera and internet built-in and has its own backup battery so it won’t drop if the power goes off.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Larkkey wifi camera from Amazon in our trailer and I've been very happy with it.
    Especially sinc it's under $30.
    If some is good, then more is better, and too much is just right! ~ Shayf
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2002 Suburban 1500 4x4
    2004 Silverado 2500HD 4x4