Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    Hello, All

The wife and I are from Texas - I grew-up around D/FW and the wife is from East Texas (piney woods).
    Now we live in the La Vernia area. We just bought our first TT 315RLTS and love it. Bought ours back in Apr, the temp tags ran out in Jun and we still haven't received our plates. Hope to be seeing all you out there sometime. So far, we've been to Bastrop & Lockhart state park. If you see us, stop by and say 'HI'.
    Welcome. You will have a lot of fun in that trailer, its a nice setup. We are always looking to find fellow mygrandrv'ers when we travel. We'll keep our eyes open.
    We expect to be headed back to Texas to see our daughter in the Austin Area (Mckinney state park) this fall/winter. I have been looking at places around Marble Falls and Fredericksburg areas as well.
    Meanwhile, were behind the Cheddar Curtain here in Wisconsin. I'm still fighting that pesky problem called work.
    Travel safe.
    Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you get to Austin, let us know - we enjoy going to Lockhart State Park just east of Austin.
    And its right next to the golf course (oh no - I said the G work).

Safe travels.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashworth1025 View Post
    reside near Canyon Lake Texas.
    I see this is an older post, but....
    The wife and I both grew up with big dogs, so we understand the challenges. In an RV that gets even more interesting. If memory serves, that Malamute is a hair shedding monster.
    We like to walk around the park and pet/play with all the dogs that we can (permission given). That fills our need temporarily so we can go back to a quiet trailer and think "that was nice". Maybe some day well get another one.

I'll jump in right away and prompt you for some information....
    Any recommendations for places to stay in a Fifth Wheel around the Canyon Lake Area? Wife would like easy access to 35 and Austin. Big rig friendly, FHU, quiet.

We drove around the area last time we we there and there are just too many places to really get a good picture. Someone local would have a better idea. The only one I remember was Mystic Quarry (I think).

Thanks;
    Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    When you get to Austin, let us know - we enjoy going to Lockhart State Park just east of Austin.
    And its right next to the golf course (oh no - I said the G work).

Safe travels.
    Will do, once we get something firmed up. Looks like it's about 12 mi south of Mckinney.
    I have a home on a golf course in Wisconsin and I don't play. Not sure how that worked out, but I like the scenery.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12