Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion rear view camera install

I have installed the Furrion rear view camera in our 2017 ST 377MB only to find it stays "On" all the time. Anyone have any idea where the power to it comes from? I have pulled the rear reading lights, and switches out and still cannot find the wires? Any help would be highly appreciated. Ron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how it's done in your setup, but in our 385TH, there is a small cover on the wall in the compartment with the batteries.

Take off the cover and there is an orange wire connected to a red fuse holder. That's the power on ours.

Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ramgunner,
    You went beyond the call of duty. After approx. 2 hours of diagnosing, I saw the pics, opened the front battery door, saw the cover, got all excited, pulled the cover, and walla----no fuse, or wire. Everything looks exactly the same, except the wire/fuse. Did some more tracing, and when I pulled the Refer/furn fuse the camera light goes out. errrrrrrr. I called the dealer, which are ignorant about their own products, and at least got a factory number to call tomarrow(its too late today). I'll post back on here as soon as I get this figured out incase someone else has the same problem. Thanks again for your help. Ron

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If anyone has a 2017 Reflection 297 RSTS, check fuse number 5 to find the power source for the Furrion camera. I was going to wire a switch into that circuit, but unfortunately it also controls the thermostats and rear overhead lights.

Jim
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 11-27-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Changed to fuse #5 from #15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2016 Reflections 27RL I wired the camera into the clearance light directly above it. The camera power is controlled by the lights. See this thread post #10
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...8937#post68937
    Charlie & Jenny

Cooper - Standard Poodle
    Baron - Standard Poodle, Gone but not forgotten
    2016 Reflection 27RL, Steady Fast Stabilizer
    2015 Silverado 2500HD CrewCab Duramax/Allison
    Andersen Ultimate Rail Mount

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also wired my camera into the running lights
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad this came up. Need to check ours to see how ours is wired in and if it is powered up while we are camping, etc. Seems to make the most sense to wire it so that it is only on when the umbilical cord is connected to the tow vehicle. We have the 367 BHS and am tickled to have the 48 observation camera. For those of you who have the GD units with the rough in/pre-wire I highly recommend investing in the camera. It is easy to install and very helpful. My Bride still spots when we are backing into tight spaces at the campground, etc. but the camera is great. Also for those looking to purchase the camera consider the 48 observation & backup camera over the 12 backup only camera. I love the observation camera as I can see other drivers as they are coming close to the rear of our unit to pass while on the interstate. As for the numbers I am referencing above there are other letters/numbers in the Furrion model numbers but the 48 & 12 are the ones that differentiate between the two cameras. Happy Thanksgiving!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timely thread. Dear Wife just purchased me an observation camera "for Christmas!" I've read the past threads for options on controlling the power, anticipating I'll work on fishing for the wire above the cabinetry and installing a rocker switch, consistent with the others in the trailer.
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wiring is well covered. The only thing I can add is that my dealer sold me a backup camera which would rarely get reception to the monitor in our 40' 369.

Furion was great to work with upgrading me to the observation camera at no charge which has worked perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 337RLS and added the camera. It is live all the time, except when I switch off the 12V supply with the disconnect.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast