User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilton Head harbor NO LONGER accepts travel trailers or 5th wheel's with Slide outs!?

Does anyone have any idea what this is all about? I booked a week stay for September the 19th - 26th about two weeks ago. I received a phone call yesterday from them yesterday. The girl on the phone asked me to confirm my make and model of camper. Which I did then she proceeded to tell me that starting September 1 they would no longer accept any camper with a slide out. So I guess that leaves only Class A's and C's Air streams and of course any pop up or old travel trailer or 5th wheel with out slides. Sounds like a bad decision on there part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what this is all about? I booked a week stay for September the 19th - 26th about two weeks ago. I received a phone call yesterday from them yesterday. The girl on the phone asked me to confirm my make and model of camper. Which I did then she proceeded to tell me that starting September 1 they would no longer accept any camper with a slide out. So I guess that leaves only Class A's and C's Air streams and of course any pop up or old travel trailer or 5th wheel with out slides. Sounds like a bad decision on there part.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the Hilton Head Motor coach campground has always been like that, but am shocked that the Harbor campground would go that way. Many of the sites at the Harbor Campground are privately owned and am sure many of them have more than just motor coaches. Would be sad if this does happen.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh it did happen. I just hope they change there mind and go back to how it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekender01 View Post
    I know the Hilton Head Motor coach campground has always been like that, but am shocked that the Harbor campground would go that way. Many of the sites at the Harbor Campground are privately owned and am sure many of them have more than just motor coaches. Would be sad if this does happen.
    If you zoom in on Google Earth, some of the park actually has blue lines (means there are street level photos-you can look as if you were walking down the street). While it’s beautifully landscaped, it’s also pretty tight, especially with the vegetation. One slide was only a foot off the street. Probably a “blanket” policy because one slide caused problems. It’ll be interesting to see if that policy keeps them from fully booking beyond September. If the sites are privately owned/leased, folks aren’t going to appreciate having to foot the bill for their empty site in their absence.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    We just got back from a 11 day trip there. We tried to purchase a lot and in the bylaws written in 1981 states you can only have a 8' wide by 35' long camper. Neil is the new owner and is suing the HOA because some owners leave there campers there all year and he wants to make money renting the sites out. They are not required to remove them. He is using this loop hole. He is very shady. I guess he may have won the law suit. We did not purchase the lot & this will kill his business.

That being said a new 300 site campground is opening up next year on a golf course with a lot of amenities. Once this is open we will no longer go to this campground.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the name of the new one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure of the name, I've been looking for more info myself. This is what I found so far.

https://www.blufftontoday.com/news/2...rv-resortrsquo

We are still in shock as this is one of our favorite places to go. It might be time to get a class A and stay at the motor coach resort right in the middle of Hilton Head.+

We have been speaking with a few of the lot owners and this does not affect them at the moment. They are also not happy with this.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually sent an inquiry through their website and they responded that the reason for the change was to "enforce existing covenants". That is all they said.