User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatlady View Post
    We ordered our 2600 RB on June 25th and are still waiting, we ordered from LazyDays Tampa. We have moved from our 40' boat (summer home in CT) so we have everything in the garage here in Florida ready to move into the trailer...what a mess....LOL. Good luck with your new unit.
    Been there. Wife and I lived on a boat for 4 years in NJ year round. Know the feeling when we bought a house (that was after we woke up one Christmas morning and found a half inch of ice on the INSIDE of the windows). Luckily, not much to store on a boat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    If you can actually find exactly what you’re looking for in a used model then sure go ahead and buy used.

All the used models we found with a floor plan we liked smelled funky and almost everything we looked at had a dinette or a bunkhouse which are completely useless for us.

We loved the 220RK model but we wanted the dual pane window option and there were none in the state of Texas.

I got in touch with Grand Design and they could only find three that were built with this option and they were all sold to Canadians.

So we ordered a new 220RK with this option. This was November of 2017. We paid I think $32k and it’s only 27 feet long.

If we had been looking for a weekend camper we never would’ve spent this kind of money. We probably would’ve bought a 10-year-old rig.

But since we were purchasing this RV to be our home for full timing we wanted something we would be comfortable in for several years.

It arrived 45 days later and I spent the next 4 months and another $15,000 installing my own mods and upgrades to make it our home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only one I purchased new was the first one so we could see if we liked camping and not having an issue with problems. Well, so much for that thought.

since then we buy a couple of years old. The issues have been fixed and somebody else has sucked down the depreciation. Our current unit is a 337rls. The couple used it four times before he had eye surgery, then he didn't want to try and pull it anymore.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 390RK-R. Very few in inventory around here and none of them had the 8K axles / disc brakes. The 390 has a ton of storage space which is very attractive but with the standard axles in only has 1450lbs of cargo capacity. With a 90gal FW tank, that lowers that number to 730 and that's before beer and ice goes in!

So we worked our best deal with the local dealer and ordered in May. It arrived last night and we'll take delivery next week once they do the final testing / outfitting / detailing.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours in December for may delivery end of year pricing. Of course certain options we wanted factory installed like dual pane windows and generator and heatpump as we knew they some items were cheaper from factory. They had one on the lot similar but not dual panes and we weren't going for that.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our 303 so we could get all the options we wanted.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered my 376th and just received it, I do not regret ordering mine. I am able to assist you with ordering if interested,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought off the lot.
    Outdoor travel in Hamilton Ontario Canada.
    Great people, awsome price, beautiful trailer.
    Reflection 150 series 260RD 5 th wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on which model(s) you’re looking at and what you want to do with your RV.

We’re not full-timers and this is our first RV purchase. We did a ton of research and found a dealer that was giving the best pricing (within a reasonable travel distance) on the model we wanted (Reflection 150 290BH). This model doesn’t have a ton of options and most of the available units had the features we wanted. We don’t “need” the dual pane windows and didn’t want theater seating.

When we first started looking in March there were a bunch of 2020 models available around the country but after the COVID shutdowns ended they all got snapped up. However, the dealer we wanted to purchase from had a 2021 model on order the way we wanted and gave us the same price as the 2020 models. It was less than a month from when we put down the deposit on the unit until it arrived.

YMMV, but I think we came out ahead by getting a brand new unit since there wasn’t any appreciable savings over the previous model year.

I’d find the model you want and a dealer you trust/like, there may not be a price difference between one sitting on the lot vs. ordering a new one if you don’t have very specific feature requirements.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We hit about a hundred shows and lots, found the camper we liked then shopped for that exact camper for close to a year. Found it at a dealer a few hours away.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0595.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	28706

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in a bit of a different situation. I had just accepted a Voluntary layoff from my employer, near Seattle, and also turned 65 days later. Not sure I'm retiring, but we'll call it semi-retired. We plan to move back home to Florida. Due to our timeline, we didnt have time to order one and be certain it would arrive before our planned move date. Time was of the essence. The only problem, we knew the model we wanted - the 2670MK, we just couldn't find one!! Due to Corona - quantities were limited. This is our first RV. and we're not even certain we'll like the lifestyle.

I had family telling me to get something cheap and small. I was reluctant to follow that advice. We liked the floorpan of the aforementioned model and we didn't ant to compromise. We just needed to FIND one!!! We finally did - 500 miles away. We took a weekend to go see it - live, we liked it and bought it, then picked it up three weeks later and so far we love it!!

We got what we feel is a great deal, had a great dealer and what more can you ask for, for your first RV experience? Had we had the time, we likely would have ordered one if we had the time, but in our case - it worked out for us - and we're happy.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Silverado333; 08-12-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast