User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you order or buy off the lot?

As we get closer to retirement and a purchase and have been looking at 5th wheels the past month, there are some 2020 left-overs of the 5th wheels we have centered in on. Seems they all come with a standard set of 'options' which is OK. Probably not exactly how I would order one. Just curious which direction others have gone.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you arent in a rush, you might as well just order one. You can get an equally good deal on an order compared to one on a lot, dont let the dealer tell you otherwise. At least with an order you dont need to wonder how many people have already walked through the unit and you will know the history of the unit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours only because the model we wanted on the lot had all sold because of an RV show. Our previous RV was a Tiffin motorhome which we ordered custom made.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased ours from the dealer over the Internet. It was an 'on order' unit. We put down a deposit in mid-June and took delivery of our Imagine 2970RL this past weekend. Ordering was nice because it gave us time to acquire all the stuff we needed. This is our first modern era TT so there was a good list of items we needed that we didn't currently have.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered all three of ours because we wanted options like full body paint and dual pane windows that aren't usually available on dealer lots. No reason to order unless you can't find what you want.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer had a production slot for the model we ordered, and we just made a couple of minor option changes.

Our trailer was on the ground in 2 weeks, before my $ was available. Somehow I scraped up the $ to pay'em.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    As we get closer to retirement and a purchase and have been looking at 5th wheels the past month, there are some 2020 left-overs of the 5th wheels we have centered in on. Seems they all come with a standard set of 'options' which is OK. Probably not exactly how I would order one. Just curious which direction others have gone.
    In my opinion ordering is better if you can work it out since trailers can get damaged sitting on lots. If you do buy off the lot check the build date and you may not want a trailer that has been on the lot a year or more. My concerns would be physical damage and water intrusion. The more people that go in and view a trailer the more possibility of damage and theft. RV dealers move trailers around their lots with the slides out, steps down and front legs extended. I watched a dealer move trailers with slides out across a rough rutted gravel lot one time. If you are in a wet environment water intrusion should be a concern. It is common for the roof caulking on these trailers to develop cracks as it cures. If not addressed you might get water leaking in. Then there is the problem of the trailer being left open in the rain. With lots of people looking at trailers doors and vents can be left open. I looked at a trailer in Tennessee that had mould growing in the outside kitchen.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why they do not up order them all with the dual pane glass... that confuses me. It's a $40,000+ item, adding the $1500 or so upgrade to the dual pane glass so that the heat and AC work better is a no-brainer. Who says... Geeze, at $50K I would have bought that, but after adding the dual pane glass and bumping to $51.5K... I am out. No one. Never. It's never happened! Never will.

For that alone I am sad that I did not order my 311BHS. Even with my dual AC units, it works hard on 95-100 degree days to try and fight the heat. The thermal pane glass would likely help noticeably.
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    This is NOT OK..... I've got a bit of a rant in another thread here someplace about folks accepting whatever is on the lot and immediately available rather than thinking through exactly what they want and either fining exactly that or ordering it.

We ordered our last 3 RVs - our current rig, a class-A before that and a Sunnybrook RV before that. We find it is the only way to get what we want. Fortunately for us, time is usually something we have and are willing to wait.

Almost every RV on a dealer's lot have the "standard" options - otherwise they would never sell them. But the other things (double pane windows, color selection, generator or gen prep, additional A/Cs, etc.) are all special order options that drive the price up making the unit harder for the dealer to sell.

just sayin'......... take your time - get what YOU want.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This is NOT OK..... I've got a bit of a rant in another thread here someplace about folks accepting whatever is on the lot and immediately available rather than thinking through exactly what they want and either fining exactly that or ordering it.

We ordered our last 3 RVs - our current rig, a class-A before that and a Sunnybrook RV before that. We find it is the only way to get what we want. Fortunately for us, time is usually something we have and are willing to wait.

Almost every RV on a dealer's lot have the "standard" options - otherwise they would never sell them. But the other things (double pane windows, color selection, generator or gen prep, additional A/Cs, etc.) are all special order options that drive the price up making the unit harder for the dealer to sell.

just sayin'......... take your time - get what YOU want.
    Maybe I'm odd, but if I found one with all of the boxes checked for +$5000 than I'm on that like flies on a steaming pile of fresh poo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry0071; 08-06-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast