User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Help!!! Delamination?

I just got back from a recent camping trip this weekend and after a walkaround of the RV I noticed four distinct bumps from the roofline down. All of them are above the slideout. The bumps were a lot more prominent yesterday in the full heat of the sun. Has anyone else had any experience with this and is this something that would be covered under any warranty?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200806_101220.jpg  

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Grand Design customer service and get a warranty claim going. Have your VIN on hand when you call. They'll want pictures as well. Contact your dealer as well. GD will tell you to go to the dealer with it but you'll have it on record with the call .
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 Imagine 2970 RL, I had that same thing happen at the front and rear of my street side slide after the first winter. Being that I was still in warranty, I brought the rig in to my dealer. Basically, to repair that they would take the entire wall off. So they started a "case number" or something like that, and that is on file at GD and my dealer and that will get referenced should it get worse in the near future.
    What they told me was that is where the outer layer (forgot what they called that) is bonded to an aluminum frame, and for some reason that bond let loose.

The dealer said it was fairly common and they see that with brand new rigs on the lot, which I had to see for myself. They said to keep an eye on it and come in if it gets any worse.

I did in fact go to the lot and looked at a bunch Imagines and other campers. He was right, I saw that on plenty of brand new rigs. It very likely could have been that way on our 2970 since new and I just hadn't noticed it.

It's been two summers now since I first noticed the bumps on our 2970. Nothing has changed, not even in the slightest little bit.

So I would talk to your dealer, at least make them aware of the problem and get it on file. After that, keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse. My guess is it will just stay the same.

Good luck!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the picture it appears you slide is out about 3 or 4 inches. Is that deliberate? When closed it should be compressing the seal all the way around and only be out less that 1/2 inch. Just wondering
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar