Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost a new 247BH owner

Good afternoon from sunny Hamilton, Ontario!

Tiny bit premature on joining up to the forum here as we're putting an offer in on a 2020 247BH tomorrow morning. Pulling with an F150 2.7 Ecoboost rated for 8500lb so we were aiming to keep the GVWR below 7000 and the length under 30. Wouldn't you know it... the 247BH GVWR is 6995 and the length is 29'11". We're first timers owner so we'll be following the advice I've seen here and everywhere else about running as close to dry weight as possible for the first while while we get used to the trailer.

Anyway, hope my deal works out tomorrow and sincerely hope to get to know some of y'all and learn what I can about travelling safe and having fun.

Cheers!
    Darrin

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpatey View Post
    Good afternoon from sunny Hamilton, Ontario!

Tiny bit premature on joining up to the forum here as we're putting an offer in on a 2020 247BH tomorrow morning. Pulling with an F150 2.7 Ecoboost rated for 8500lb so we were aiming to keep the GVWR below 7000 and the length under 30. Wouldn't you know it... the 247BH GVWR is 6995 and the length is 29'11". We're first timers owner so we'll be following the advice I've seen here and everywhere else about running as close to dry weight as possible for the first while while we get used to the trailer.

Anyway, hope my deal works out tomorrow and sincerely hope to get to know some of y'all and learn what I can about travelling safe and having fun.

Cheers!
    Darrin
    Hello neighbore and welcome from Ottawa. We're pulling our 22mle with a Lariat F150 2.7 tow rated for 7600. The 22mle has the same GVWR. Get a good WDH and you wont have any issues but keep a real close eye on your payload. Ours is only 1426 (door sticker cargo weight) it's just DW and I but we do carry the generator in the box. Our tongue weight is usually around 760.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much obliged for the reassurance! Can’t wait to get started. 🍻

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 247BH a few weeks ago. Also our first Travel Trailer. We just got back from our first trip. Pulled it all the way from Atlanta to Wilderness State Park in northern Michigan. Our Tow Vehicle is a 2008 Sequoia. Me the wife and two kids.
    The 247 pulls well..we got only 9-10MPG with the Sequoia. Which isn't great but given we only get 16-17 without a trailer I'm not mad. Only I wish the 247 had was a ladder for the top bunk. Climbing on the dinette isn't good.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottclan View Post
    We just picked up our 247BH a few weeks ago. Also our first Travel Trailer. We just got back from our first trip. Pulled it all the way from Atlanta to Wilderness State Park in northern Michigan. Our Tow Vehicle is a 2008 Sequoia. Me the wife and two kids.
    The 247 pulls well..we got only 9-10MPG with the Sequoia. Which isn't great but given we only get 16-17 without a trailer I'm not mad. Only I wish the 247 had was a ladder for the top bunk. Climbing on the dinette isn't good.
    Awesome! We pick ours up next Wednesday and have a trip planned for Friday. Kids are so stoked. Bummer to hear about the ladder - I was thinking we might want one so I started pricing them, damn those things ain't cheap!