User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smell from kitchen island

Hi All! We own a 2018 Reflection 315RLTS. We were noticing an odor coming from the kitchen area, and finally narrowed it down to the kitchen island area. We began to notice it more and more after dumping. After some research and reading, we have possibly narrowed it down to the automatic air vent thing under the kitchen sink. As a way of trying to troubleshoot, we placed a zip lock baggie, secured with a rubber band, over it yesterday. So far today, no smell of any kind coming from the island or from below the sink. So, we are now somewhat sure that the AAV thing is bad? Or clogged? We have read that they can go bad.

So... is the AAV something that has to be ordered from GD? I found this one in the GD parts: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/22141 Would this be the correct one? Or is there one that we can buy from a Lowe's, or Home Depot, etc? And, we're wondering... can we leave the baggie over it until we get a replacement? And last.... is this vent thing easy to replace?

Appreciate any help or guidance!! [emoji6]

Thanks!
    Lynette

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Readily available at Home Depot, Lowes and other locations. They are threaded and spin off easily, if you can get a hand and pliers up under cabinet. While you're buying 1, make it 2 or 3 for when the bathroom AAV goes bad and to have a spare on hand.

Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    So... is the AAV something that has to be ordered from GD? I found this one in the GD parts: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/22141 Would this be the correct one? Or is there one that we can buy from a Lowe's, or Home Depot, etc? And, we're wondering... can we leave the baggie over it until we get a replacement? And last.... is this vent thing easy to replace?
    Sounds like you're on exactly the right track.

This is the popular replacement for that valve:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/STUDOR-1...0341/202275238

I would not order another cheap one from Grand Design unless you would enjoy the process of replacing them frequently.

They are usually really easy to replace - they can be screwed off and new one screwed on by hand. Having said that, and ever so easily replaced the one under our bathroom sink, I've found that our kitchen one is hard-screwed and in a tight space so I can't get a better grip on it. Touch wood, it hasn't failed yet. Hope yours is easier.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lynette @theburgerts -attached is Jim's thread referenced with his post #4 picture of the Studor he installed and my post #52 with the pictures (and more) shared on the other site abit ago.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ghlight=studor

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone...thanks!!!!

Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT